News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How to assign both snare and clap

Started by westerlu77, December 30, 2009, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westerlu77

I looked at Hellfiredrums podcast and he shown the Alesis DM-10 that it is possbile to assign both snare and clap on same pad. That's not possbile, right?

Dr.Wu

you could assign the clap to the rim and hit the pad and the rim at the same time to create a double layer sound.
It definetly wold be cool if we could layer two waves on one pad. That would greatly expand the sound possibilities especially if each sample had itsd own volume, attack and decay settings.

UC

one way to do it would be to assign a clap sample to the snare's rim - that way you could keep your snare sound for syncopated beats and rimshot when you want both....or you could use midi to trigger a seperate sample from your PC (not ideal for on the road I guess)...If you can hang on for the editor when it comes out, you could use an audio package like audacity to mix in a clap (or whatever) with your snare sample and port it back over to the brain (you'd have to do it for each layer in the multisample and I must admit I don't know how / if that's going to work just yet).

I prefer the first option to be honest as it would give you more control I reckon.

Edit: yeah, what Dr. Wu said :)