I can't unzip downloaded drum samples from the 2box Site

Started by danedrums, October 07, 2014, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danedrums

I hope this doesn't appear to be a completely stupid question.  But I am new to using a Macbook and I was hoping to install the 'new' drum samples from the 2box site into my 2box module via the Drumit Program.  I can't seem to just drag the downloaded files straight into the program and it says I need to unzip them first.  I tried downloading a few unzip apps from the app store but none of them seem to be able to read these files.

How does everyone else do it?

Any help or tips would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Lustar

If you just want to copy new sounds to the module you don't need to use the 2Box editor, you just need to connect the module with a USB cable and copy the files. You only need the 2box editor if you want to set up kits with those new sounds on your computer. If all the zip extractor programs you have tried didn't work then it's possible that there was a problem during the download. The zip files should contain .dsnd files.

danedrums

Thanks for your reply. I only just saw this and it's totally solved my problem.

It's a shame you can't fit more than 4GB on the 2box unit at a time.

Lustar

It's possible to store up to 32GB at a time once you do a really easy modification. Once you do the SD card mod you can have as many 32GB cards as you need so there is no limit to how many kits you can bring with you. There is a very well done guide here:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=991.0
Contact Jman for a "plug and play" kit with the right SD card.