News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

input issue (help)

Started by tmoney, March 04, 2016, 08:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmoney

Bought a used module off ebay and once it arrived the 1st tom input does not let the jack go in all the way. Nothing is lodged in it that i can see, unit looks good with damage as if it were dropped. When i looked into it, it looks different then the others but it hard to tell what. Anyone else had any issue like this. Took pics but cant figure how to upload o  here with my phone.

digitalDrummer

Welcome aboard.
It's easy to open up the module and see if the jack is bent on the inside. And if you can't load pics here, then load them on Flikr or some other image site and give us a link.

tmoney

https://www.flickr.com/photos/116555575@N06/

kind of hard to see but the inside is different between the 1st tom input and all the rest. not even sure how this could happen, the outside jack is perfect its the inner workings that are messed up. I didn't want to take it apart because its probably going back, even if I did take it apart all those jacks seem to be enclosed and soldered to the pcb board. 

dboomer

Sounds like you've identified a bent Jack. You may be able to insert a small screwdriver and bend it back down so the plug will fit without disassembling the unit. You always run the risk that you'll over-bend it and ruin it which would require replacing the Jack.

If it were me I'd give it a try.

digitalDrummer

You really need to open the module and look at the jack inside. It's very easy to open up.

tmoney

I opened it to do the 32gb mod and everything looked normal, nothing looked bent or broken. I think it might be messed up from the factory. Ive tried putting a screwdriver into it nothing seemed to help. Ive given up and just split tom 2. Thanks for all the help guys appreciate the input.