News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Buttons on the module does not sample the sound whe pressed

Started by hasanacar, August 12, 2015, 01:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello Guys,

Yesterday night, I realised that the buttons for toms, snare, cymballs on module does not make any sound on my headphones whwn I rpess them. When I first started to play yhe set, I was having a low-volume sound for each button that corresponds to toms or snare.. but now I dont get it.. I dont know what happens to the module. Do u think this is a hardware issue as I still have the distorted sounds and may be these are all related ?

Thanks..

Coda

In one of the menus you can change the levels at which these sounds play when you press the buttons. Barring any hardware fault, maybe your SDCard is faulty, and your settings are not intact. This could also explain the distortions.
Do you have another known good SDCard you can test with?

hasanacar

Quote from: Coda on August 12, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
In one of the menus you can change the levels at which these sounds play when you press the buttons. Barring any hardware fault, maybe your SDCard is faulty, and your settings are not intact. This could also explain the distortions.
Do you have another known good SDCard you can test with?

I will check that in menus.. although its a bit complicating for a new 2boxer :P.. but if the problem was my SD card, don't you think I have to get a constant distortion on my heads ? I have this issue, like 20-30 mins after I start to play.... This seems to be related to a heat issue on module or charger ?

Coda

I'm not aware of the extent of your distortions, though I do know there is another thread about it.
If you are using the proper PSU, the other thing could be your local power. There is not a lot to the the PSU, it just steps down the supplied AC to 18V, no rectification. I haven't opened one up (yet) but I think it would be little more than a transformer and maybe a short protector.
Speaking of your local power, are you sure it's of reasonable quality? I.e. you are getting 220-230V at 50Hz (EU) or 110V at 60Hz (US) from the mains?
BTW - I've had my 2box for about 2-3 weeks now. After I got over the first couple of days, I spent some time in the manual (which is quite rare for me). I found many interesting and exciting things that one would not know, if one hadn't read them. It's worth it (both of them, the newer manual has some info taken out).