News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Lost Factory Kits

Started by BCSeattle, February 10, 2015, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCSeattle

In USB mode - I have no DrumItInit.dkit folder.
I only have 1 kit !! DrumIt.dkit
Also my Song folder is empty
I cant find any tech support on doing a Factory Reset -
Please advise
    Thanks

Jman

Quote from: BCSeattle on February 10, 2015, 03:05:59 AM
In USB mode - I have no DrumItInit.dkit folder.
I only have 1 kit !! DrumIt.dkit
Also my Song folder is empty
I cant find any tech support on doing a Factory Reset -
Please advise
    Thanks
DrumItInit.dkit  is not a folder it is a file. If you do not have that file you cannot Reset the module as that file is the original factory file. If you are missing sound files or you want/need to download the latest OS and accompanying files they are available. Here is the place to download the latest OS and sound files:
http://www.hyperactive.de/support/2box  You can also download all that and basically replace the content of your module and start fresh.

But when you say in USB mode you have one kit ..... do you mean you only see the Drumit.dkit ?
Because the module will run with just the Drumit.dkit file. That has all the settings, etc. just like the DrumItInit.dkit file, except the Drumit.dkit file retains any changes that were done and saved in the module by you or whoever else might have owned it.  So, think of the DrumItInit.dkit as the same only it is from the day the module was sold, and the Drumit.dkit is your current configuration with whatever changes have been made.

Here is a typical screenshot of a 2Box module content:
Capture 2Box module content early 2014 by dajmando, on Flickr

So what is your Drumit.bin number? 1.24, 1.26, 1.28? Just trying to figure out what exactly you mean..... Do you have sound files in folders on the module? Are you just missing the song files? More info please so we can help you. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/