News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box owners Poll

Started by Baby Samus, April 13, 2010, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you 2Box owners are having problems you cannot fix, like crosstalk or double triggering?

Yes, I have problems with crosstalk
4 (13.8%)
Yes, I have problems with double triggering
8 (27.6%)
Yes, I have problems with rack stability causing crosstalk only
0 (0%)
Yes, I have problems with rack stability causing double triggering only
0 (0%)
Yes, I have problems with rack stability causing both issues
1 (3.4%)
My problems were solved by using new hardware
2 (6.9%)
My problems were solved by pad/module replacement
2 (6.9%)
I have no problems with crosstalk or double triggering and am using only 2Box hardware
7 (24.1%)
I have no problems with crosstalk or double triggering.  I have replaced some hardware regardless in an attempt to improve the set.
4 (13.8%)
Yes, I have problems with crosstalk AND double triggering
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 20, 2010, 10:13:47 PM

puttenvr

The system says
Total Voters: 28

QuoteBut maybe 14 of 29 users are not able to set up the kit properly.....
9 users pushed the wrong button on this poll   ;D

There are lies
There are big lies
There are statistics

Manfred

4+8+1+2+2+7+4+1 = 29

If this is not correct i have a diploma to give away  :D

Maybe the system didn't count one vote because it was added later. Or maybe my vote doesn't count because i only like my kit and don't hallow it.

Baby Samus

Quote from: Manfred on April 21, 2010, 06:02:48 PM
Hi Baby Samus,

your assumption that all these complaints are in the minority and only "poor Manfred" is suffering on them seems to be wrong. The vote is closed now and we habe the following result:

14 of 29 users have problems with this issues
11 of 29 users have no problems
4 of 29 users needed to replace some parts to solve problems

But maybe 14 of 29 users are not able to set up the kit properly.....

Manfred,

Please point out the post where I say 'all these complaints are in the minority' and that you are the only one suffering from them...otherwise, stop moaning.  I created the poll to get data, so all the users could vote.  This is the only fair way to find out the truth - so why Manfred, why would I make a vote to find this out if I had already assumed that every single user out there was wrong?  Read this, which I posted earlier:

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 18, 2010, 02:48:01 PM
Calimero, read my post again.  There is nothing ridiculous about it.  I said:

'3drum I'm not sugar coating anything, I never denied there are build quality issues - if thats what people are posting on the forums they can't all be wrong or unlucky - some of them will be but most won't - for instance i have no such issues with my kit, and I don't think I'm in the minority.'

So I am not denying anything is wrong - I agree'd that if user's are reporting it then it must be true, but you still need figures.  This statement proves that, and it also proves you didn't read my post properly.

I am simply stating that 'some' of the users who have posted issues may have quite simple problems that they themselves cannot fix, but perhaps someone else could. I'm not saying they're all lying which seems to be what you are suggesting.

So, try to stop making things personal.  I don't 'hallow' my kit thanks, it just happens to work properly - I'm sure you would like your kit as much as me if your's worked correctly...

Manfred

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 21, 2010, 08:05:21 PM
Manfred,

Please point out the post where I say 'all these complaints are in the minority' and that you are the only one suffering from them...otherwise, stop moaning.  

Hi Baby Samus,

here is the quote of our post:

Quote from: Baby Samus
Firstly, I don't think my kit is a 'golden' kit that is somehow lucky to work.  Its just set up properly.  There are plenty users on here who also have none of these issues that you describe, in fact I would say these complaints are in the minority - maybe we should set up a vote to see who has problems and who does not, to see how common they are?  This would help us and 2Box I think.  I'll see how to do that after posting...

And at the first posting of the poll you are talking about "poor Manfred". At the other thread i just wrote the problems i see with the kit and you started to cross them off the list although there is no solution available at this time. And as long as you do so i won't stop moaning  ;D No doubt, some of the problems can be fixed with some small modifications. Maybe others will be fixed with the next update and maybe the editor will also be available someday. But at this time and without any modifications the problems are there.

Of course my postings are sometimes a bit exaggerated. This is just the reaction if you want to argue away the problems. So i suggest that we both calm down a bit and wait for some updates or any other fixes.

Manfred

Baby Samus

Hi Manfred,

I am calm, and I wasn't arguing.  From the results of the poll as it stands, I'm correct in saying that those problems are in the minority.  Thats why I ran the poll, to see clearly rather than argue - that is the best way.  All I was trying to say is that it seems odd that two identical setups can work so differently, and I'm still right to say that, as it is a good question - why does your kit not work and my kit does?  The poll is an attempt to properly answer that with evidence.

Yes, I did say poor Manfred, that is called a joke - seriously Manfred you're taking this a bit personal.  I didn't say stop moaning about your kit - if you have problems moan away!  I said stop moaning because you posted this:

Quote from: Manfred on April 21, 2010, 06:39:13 PM
Or maybe my vote doesn't count because i only like my kit and don't hallow it.

Which is obviously aimed at me.  Just saying, less of the jibes please.  No need for it, everything I've said and done is perfectly valid.  I think because I have said that 'some people who have problems with their kit 'might' be at fault themselves' that you have taken it personally, as if I am saying 'anyone who says that their 2Box is not working correctly is WRONG, because I love my kit.'  But all I am doing is trying to get hard facts and figures - only with this data do you find the truth.  It is reasonable to assume, that 'some' users will have their kits set up incorrectly in some way - the rack maybe or module settings.  It is possible that this is not true, however it is also unlikely.  So I take all these things into account, look at the figures, then make up my own mind.

No one is saying your problems do not exist, and no one is suggesting there are no problems with the 2Box kit as it stands.

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 21, 2010, 10:28:35 PM
 All I was trying to say is that it seems odd that two identical setups can work so differently, and I'm still right to say that, as it is a good question - why does your kit not work and my kit does?  The poll is an attempt to properly answer that with evidence.

I´m am working musician and 2box owner, and a drumteacher (for many years),
The answer is Different Playing styles and teqs.

I  see this all the time, chokes on snare and bassdrum, how hard you hit comparing each drum, is diffrent from  drummer to drummer. So we must not use the same gain and threshold settings, none of us plays the same.

Baby Samus

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on April 22, 2010, 02:02:40 AM
I´m am working musician and 2box owner, and a drumteacher (for many years),
The answer is Different Playing styles and teqs.

I  see this all the time, chokes on snare and bassdrum, how hard you hit comparing each drum, is diffrent from  drummer to drummer. So we must not use the same gain and threshold settings, none of us plays the same.

I didn't say that we should all use the same settings - I said this:

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 19, 2010, 12:55:09 AM
there is no perfect value that you can just copy.  It will all depend on how much your pad is moving, how tight your mesh is, what sticks you're using, even your playing style, just the way you are drumming might require a different threshold level.
You must find what works for you, as long as you understand what the gain and threshold settings are actually doing to the sound and be wary that only you can find the right settings for yourself.

Its very clear that I mentioned here that not only would your playing style affect settings, but also that you cannot just copy other people's settings and have to find your own.

I was not suggesting that we should all be using the same settings in the quote you used, I think maybe you misunderstand me. I meant the kit itself, the hardware, the rack, the module & pads is all the same for you and me.  And we both are using a proper snare stand so we are using a similar setup in the hardware, not in the software settings on the module.

As for playing styles, one must adjust their technique to the instrument they choose to play.  Playing my new 2Box is different to playing my old v-drums or accoustic kits.  They all have their own advantages and disadvantages as far as technique go, as you will know.  An easy example is the difference in rebound levels of mesh compared to a mylar head or clear tom head.  Mesh is far bouncier so you can achieve more rebound and thusly you end up adapting your style to take advantage.  Another example would be the superior dynamic range of the accoustic kit - you are able to be more subtle on an accoustic and can adapt your style to take advantage.  All instruments have advantages and disadvantages, and we must all adapt to them.

fishmonkey

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 22, 2010, 04:40:18 AM
I meant the kit itself, the hardware, the rack, the module & pads is all the same for you and me.  And we both are using a proper snare stand so we are using a similar setup in the hardware, not in the software settings on the module.

i would say that the main differences between kits is the variability in the quality of the pads because of the new mass production process.

it would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between certain problems and specific production runs.

Baby Samus

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 22, 2010, 06:28:41 AM
i would say that the main differences between kits is the variability in the quality of the pads because of the new mass production process.

it would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between certain problems and specific production runs.

Do you mean the build quality or whether they come broken?  I hope there is not a problem with the manufacturing process, maybe there was a run of bad kits that got out?

fishmonkey

i'm talking about build quality.