News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anyone experienced, bad distorted noise on headphones ?

Started by hasanacar, July 05, 2015, 06:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello guys..

I am playing around the kit, but even after reseting the module and settings, My sennheiser dh280 pro heaphone is having a very annoying distorted deep noise on some tom pads and kick drums, and even in come cymballss. This is so annoying ? Do you think this might be related to a configuraton on module ?

thanks

edtc

is the distortion slight or strong ?  you hear it more on long sustaining sounds ?

hasanacar

Quote from: edtc on July 05, 2015, 07:12:40 PM
is the distortion slight or strong ?  you hear it more on long sustaining sounds ?

I can say that it s slight... and yes its most on sustaining sounds, more on toms.. and now I ralise I hear it even When I dont play it... this is like sinus signal...

hasanacar

Quote from: edtc on July 05, 2015, 07:12:40 PM

What I am actually afraid, whether this module is defective. This one is a second hand module..

edtc

yes but if you want help , please answer our questions .. :)

hasanacar

Quote from: edtc on July 05, 2015, 08:01:47 PM
yes but if you want help , please answer our questions .. :)

But, I answered your question actually. and this was an extra comment after the answer :P

edtc

oups , i m sorry ...

my laptop is a 12" ...

i have the same symptom for a long time on some sounds ... dont know if it s normal or not

edtc

Quote from: hasanacar on July 05, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
  and now I ralise I hear it even When I dont play it... this is like sinus signal...

you can try to turn off the "line in " in the mixer .. line in adds a lot of hiss and parasites when nothing is plugged ...

Drum2

Do you use the original AC adapter: output:AC18V / 500 mA?

Jman

Quote from: Drum2 on July 06, 2015, 09:18:19 PM
Do you use the original AC adapter: output:AC18V / 500 mA?
Yes, this does sound like a possible power supply issue.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hasanacar

Quote from: Jman on July 06, 2015, 09:21:59 PM
Yes, this does sound like a possible power supply issue.

Hello guys,

Can any of you share the photos of the original power supply ,please? my 2box  is a second hand one....

edtc

there is another model ... my module came first with a CMP branded adapter ...

the one i bought later as a spare is labeled 2BOX , is a bit bigger than the CMP. It s the one on the picture ...

I have the same distortion on basses , from the beginning ... it s more noticeable  on the JAZZ_20_KICK dsound ...

I tried with both adapters and the result is the same ...

IMO it s more like it s a digital conversion artefact in the module ...

hasanacar

Quote from: edtc on July 07, 2015, 01:39:35 PM
there is another model ... my module came first with a CMP branded adapter ...

the one i bought later as a spare is labeled 2BOX , is a bit bigger than the CMP. It s the one on the picture ...

I have the same distortion on basses , from the beginning ... it s more noticeable  on the JAZZ_20_KICK dsound ...

I tried with both adapters and the result is the same ...

IMO it s more like it s a digital conversion artefact in the module ...

I checked now. Mine seems to be original, exaclty  like posted here.

But I dont know what your mean or what level of distortion you mean, but this is really annoying for me? Yesterday I realised that at firs 10 -15 mins may be , it sounds better, but As the module gets heated  or something happens and the noise increases...

I did not have this on my roland set with the same earphones. It was superclean..

I am a little disappointed about the headphone sound quality..

Jman

Quote from: hasanacar on July 07, 2015, 05:01:33 PM

I checked now. Mine seems to be original, exaclty  like posted here.

But I dont know what your mean or what level of distortion you mean, but this is really annoying for me? Yesterday I realised that at firs 10 -15 mins may be , it sounds better, but As the module gets heated  or something happens and the noise increases...

I did not have this on my roland set with the same earphones. It was superclean..

I am a little disappointed about the headphone sound quality..
What you are experiencing is not normal. The reason power supply problem was suggested is because a few have posted about something similar. Not normal, but over the course of 5 or 6 years there have been a few bad power supplies posted about. This is one thread from way back: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,139.msg6131.html#msg6131

Normally just replacing parts randomly is not a good way to troubleshoot or fix a problem. But at the cost of a power supply it might be a cheap way to either fix the problem or at least eliminate it as the source. This is one power adapter I have personally bought and used successfully, with the proper voltage for the 2Box module: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spec-Lin-L4D-180050-A-C-Power-Supply-Adapter-120V-18V-AC-500mAh-Charger-18-Volts-/221406553545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338cdbe5c9
Just in case you want to try that. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/