News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Will Pintech Visulite Dual Zone HiHats Work With Drumit Five

Started by sandman, January 06, 2013, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman

Has anybody tried Pintech Visulite HiHats with the 2Box Module? I am wondering if they are compatible.  I really like the look and feel of the Visulites but have no idea if they will work. Anybody shed some light on this one? I am Interested in the Dual Zone Hi-Hats

digitalDrummer

digitalDrummer

Although I do believe Pintech are looking at making their hats 2box-compatible....

sandman

Thanks for the help guys. I see that Manfred is not doing boards anymore so I guess I am out of luck. Guess I can contact Pintech and see if they are 2Box compatible yet.

edtc

Quote from: sandman on January 07, 2013, 09:12:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I see that Manfred is not doing boards anymore so I guess I am out of luck. Guess I can contact Pintech and see if they are 2Box compatible yet.

no no , take a look at the end of thepahe , post 147 ..  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=973.147

by the way , i m not sure that a pinetech hh is dual zone BOW/EDGE as required for 2box ... there is no precise intel on their site ,but it looks like their 2zone HH is BOW/BELL ... 

Another thing is that you dont need a whole 2 zone HH ( costs 400  $ )  ... imo a Visulite 2zone crash will do the trick with exactly the same feel , and for half the price ....

And if you want to stickwith the 2 cymbal Hihat design , they sell practice cymbals for 15 $

sandman

Got an update from Lorrie at Pintech about Visulite HiHats. They are currently doing R&D to make their cymbals work with 2Box but it's a ways off. I broke down and just ordered a 2Box HiHat Cymbal from the only US Distributor, Cymbalism Music in Hawaii. The Pintech Visulite Crash Cymbals and 3 Zone Ride work great with the 2Box system through.

edtc

woaw!!! Manfred ,your a rockstar now... ;)     

but i m not sure he has the right to sell a design that is basically the same that 2BOX one....   (correct me if i m wrong  )

for the DIYers micro market it s not a big deal ...it s just a "service" made to few users ( some of them maybe wont have bought the module if there wasnt Manfred s box.... ) ,  so everybody is happy .  But when it comes to business even with a small company , it s another pair of drumsticks ....

Manfred  ,you should ask pinetech to send you some cymbals and hihats , just to do some R&D ... or even R&B ;)  :rock:

...and ask one from each colour , as compatibility may vary ;)

Manfred

Quote from: sandman on January 13, 2013, 02:32:47 AM
She stated they were aware of Manfred's set-up and they wanted to buy it from him to save them on R&D but nothing ever happened. I reckon Manfred didn't want to sell his design to them.

Well, there were some emails between Pintech and me. But there is nothing that needs to be discussed in a public forum.

Regards, Manfred

sandman

I apologize Manfred if I posted something that I should not have. I edited my post and took that part out. My apologies, sir. Can I buy one of your boards still? I really need to get something that will work.

I ordered a 2Box HiHat yesterday from Cymbalism and the owner told me with all the changes in 2Box distribution for the US, he is not sure when he'll get pads or cymbals back in stock so I had to cancel my order so I am once again without hopes of a compatible hihat cymbal set-up. Being a 2Box fan in the USA is bittersweet because they seem to be having major issues getting their brand on our shores which really sucks for 2Box because it is one of the best drum modules I have ever used and I have used all the big brands from Roland, Yamaha DTX, DTXIIs, and DTXIII, Simmons, etc....

digitalDrummer

All will be sorted in the next few days with the announcement of a new distribution deal. However, you can probably expect a couple of months' delay before 2box hits the stores in the US.

Murgen

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 14, 2013, 04:23:10 AM
All will be sorted in the next few days with the announcement of a new distribution deal. However, you can probably expect a couple of months' delay before 2box hits the stores in the US.

The European distributer told me in April 2Box would solve it's production issues Fall last year. Maybe a large container jammed with boxes is underway. I am particulary interested in the new Tama samples :) ... Will we get the Rush kit?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

cymbalism

Quote from: Murgen on January 14, 2013, 05:59:49 AM
The European distributer told me in April 2Box would solve it's production issues Fall last year. Maybe a large container jammed with boxes is underway. I am particulary interested in the new Tama samples :) ... Will we get the Rush kit?

I'll be sitting down with the folks from 2Box and Hoshino at the NAMM show and will get all the current info for everyone. I'll post on this forum from the show once I get word. Stay tuned ;D

Scott

Renegator

Quote from: Cymbalism Music on January 14, 2013, 08:58:37 PM
I'll be sitting down with the folks from 2Box and Hoshino at the NAMM show and will get all the current info for everyone. I'll post on this forum from the show once I get word. Stay tuned ;D

Scott

Nice. We will be looking forward to your report!

cymbalism