News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbals

Started by tim1987, August 16, 2011, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim1987

Hi,

Are there any other cymbals that work with the 2box? Maybe Alesis?

Many thanks
Tim

edtc

hello

thanks to the latest OS , a large variety of E-cymbals will work with the module ...

A good thing is to chose one with a piezo and a edge switch , to have the bow/edge sounds...

Alesis 2 zones are ok ...

Have a quick search on this forum , you ll find more infos and user experiencies ...

Personally , i ve made my own ride cymbal ( bell piezo + edge switch) and it works like a charm... for the moment;)

have a nice day

rythm

Kit Toys will also work, however rare to find.

roel

Quote from: rythm on August 16, 2011, 03:39:33 PM
Kit Toys will also work, however rare to find.

I need Kit Toy cymbals but don't where I can get them.
Maybe someone here on the forum knows...

rythm

Quote from: roel on August 17, 2011, 01:04:48 PM
I need Kit Toy cymbals but don't where I can get them.
Maybe someone here on the forum knows...
I don´t know if they still produce cymbals. The site doesn´t seem to work (no contact info). Earlier this year people have bought them via Ebay.

puttenvr

Roel, we already answered that question: nowhere
And they guy behind kit toy (again) has some issues
So: forget about it

digitalDrummer

Kit-Toys is really a part-time thing and the owner/maker tends to do spurts of production, then lie low for a while before coming back with some more cymbals.
He only sells via eBay and is only contactable via eBay. If you're desperate, try searching eBay for his s tore and send him a message.
There are plenty of other options - even our Jman sells DIY kits that allow you turn turn a cheap acoustic cymbal into a quiet, responsive e-cymbal that works with 2box modules.

espen

Quote from: edtc on August 16, 2011, 02:55:36 PM
hello

thanks to the latest OS , a large variety of E-cymbals will work with the module ...

Can somebody confirm if the Yamaha PCY- cymbals now work with the module? (i mean bow+edge+choke)

espen

I can confirm myself as I got the module.  :D
Yamaha PCY cymbals work as two zone (bow+edge+choke) with the OS1.20! Great for crashes!

espen

UPDATE:
I just tested Roland CY-15 cymbal pad and you can get all three zones plus choke when plugging the cable in the bow/edge input of the pad.

GenuineHuman

There are two inputs on Roland CY-15? :) And which cymbal is better overall? Roland is more expensive.

espen

Quote from: GenuineHuman on August 24, 2011, 05:20:52 PM
There are two inputs on Roland CY-15? :) And which cymbal is better overall? Roland is more expensive.

Yes there are two (bow/bell and bow/edge). I think they are very equal in terms of triggering and acoustic noise. As you said the Yamahas are cheaper.
But the point here was that you can use Roland CY-15 as a 3-zone cymbal with DrumIt5 module, Yamahas 2- zone.

GenuineHuman

Thanks. Since 2box cymbals are near impossible to get I'm looking for an alternative. 2 zones are enough for crash but it's good to know that I could have all three zones ... a bit pricey thou. :)