News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NOT ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT HI-HAT PROBLEMS.........

Started by kunkyape, December 28, 2009, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunkyape

Hi ALL!

I had an amazing xmas and santa claus deposited his heavy sack and spurted a load of orange goodness over my living room floor on xmas day!!

I have been waiting for this for a loooong time now so CHUFFED TO bits to get my 2 box! In your face Roland you rubbing bar-stewards! Now I can get my Zendrum back out to play as well!

Still getting used to everything but I have one issue which is the hi-hat stand. I have tried it in every setting possible in terms of gain and velocity settings and tried the other settings whilst tightening up the cymbal as opposed to letting it calibrate loose as some people suggested but still I am having issues.

The problems is not so much about the open and closed sounds, even though this is still a bit of a problem, but more about the actual sticking on the hats. I have been trying to do basic 16th notes on the hats but some times it does not pick up the sticking and this despite being hit hard with a sensitive velocity setting. There is also a problem for creating double notes when I have only hit the hi-hats once.

I just wondered if there was any advice before I call Dolphin Music to get this sorted as it is not useable in its current format and is doing me swede in!

Thanks in advance!

spoenk

hello,

i had a similar issue once, sometimes no triggering, sometimes doubletriggers, the reason in this case was that the contact of one of the cables was not good. the problem got worse and then the CHH wouldn't trigger at all...i resoldered the cable because i didn't want to wait for a replacement...

Tooltip

Hi, I´ve got the same problem. Sometimes I get even more double triggering... It would be sooooo nice to get rid of this, it´s really starting to put me off!

kunkyape

Hey tooltip,

Yeah its really annoying, I have phoned up Dolphin music as its clearly not working properly. My DDrum and even other harts kits I have had have not done this so there is definitely a problem with it as 16th notes are a big no no.

Speak to the shop you bought it from and get it returned if you feel you have exhausted all avenues. I hope I can get it sorted as I certainly don't want to go down the yamaha or roland route!!!!! there is the Jokeby or alternative kits but then youare relying on software and a decent laptop which is never ideal! I have had a Muse Receptor and that never worked properly with my Zendrum and had to go back,might be better now as they have developed a more powerful unit but dedicated hardware is definitely the way forward. When I had an MPC 1000 triggering my zendrum and DDrum, it worked an absolute treat!

I have been talking to mates about this type of open source kit for years so I really want this to work, as the DDrum 4 SE was an amazing piece of kit and I should have never sold it!