News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using your own samples - round robin?

Started by FearComplex, August 07, 2013, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearComplex

Hey folks. Question about using your own samples with the module... Can you load multiple samples of the same drum at different velocity ranges so it's round robin or are you limited to importing just 1 sample? I'm looking to for example import 4 'hard hit' snare samples - 4 'medium' - 4 'light' etc..
Is this possible? Thanks.

Jman

Quote from: FearComplex on August 07, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
Hey folks. Question about using your own samples with the module... Can you load multiple samples of the same drum at different velocity ranges so it's round robin or are you limited to importing just 1 sample? I'm looking to for example import 4 'hard hit' snare samples - 4 'medium' - 4 'light' etc..
Is this possible? Thanks.
You can load multiple samples, and that is important for realism. I believe using the 2Box editor you can load up to 127 velocity layers??? With DsoundTool you can use up to 100 velocity layers. And that is on each zone of each instrument. So for example a snare drum could have 100 vel layers for head and 100 for rim if you wanted.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hotchap

Quote from: Jman on August 09, 2013, 07:56:05 PM
You can load multiple samples, and that is important for realism. I believe using the 2Box editor you can load up to 127 velocity layers??? With DsoundTool you can use up to 100 velocity layers. And that is on each zone of each instrument. So for example a snare drum could have 100 vel layers for head and 100 for rim if you wanted.

Hi Jman,
Im looking at loading short wave files (percussoins patterns) eg; chacha,bolero,salsa etc.. I dropped a wave file in the song folder along with the other present songs, it does not open in the same folder; rather it opens as an accompainment song.Is there a way to play a wave file as a percussion pattern in loop mode and assign it to a pad so as to start/stop the pattern at will?

Jman

Quote from: hotchap on October 04, 2013, 03:53:12 PM
Hi Jman,
Im looking at loading short wave files (percussoins patterns) eg; chacha,bolero,salsa etc.. I dropped a wave file in the song folder along with the other present songs, it does not open in the same folder; rather it opens as an accompainment song.Is there a way to play a wave file as a percussion pattern in loop mode and assign it to a pad so as to start/stop the pattern at will?
I don't use loops much, but you should look at the Drumit 5 Editor 1.04 and the manual for that. You can make loops with the editor.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hotchap

Quote from: Jman on October 04, 2013, 04:33:17 PM
I don't use loops much, but you should look at the Drumit 5 Editor 1.04 and the manual for that. You can make loops with the editor.
Wave files Loops  works in Editor 1.04 , simple yet effective.! :)