News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi notes don't match

Started by william campbell, April 16, 2017, 02:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william campbell

Hi,
I am using my 2Box with Slate 4.
When I try to map my pads to the Slate sounds,
my midi notes do not match.
For example, A2 on 2Box triggers A1 on Slate.
G2 on2Box triggers G1 on Slate.
D3 on 2box triggers E2 on Slate.
How can I get them to be the same?
Thanks

welshsteve

Presumably the notes aren't as important as the sounds that they're triggering. That being the case, just scroll through each channel until it's playing the sound you want.
But to answer you're question, or not as the case may be, I don't know why this is happening.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Jman

Quote from: Jman on February 09, 2015, 12:01:26 AM
I have uploaded a 2Box MIDI map file for SSD4 Platinum to my site. Just passing this one along from a member of the forum for anyone to use:  https://files.secureserver.net/0sSUjHFGo2yjDy

also this tip:
bare in mind that a crucial part of the process is adjusting the dynamics to suit your playing style, as this will improve the dynamics drastically I would advise anyone doing this to do it with a friend, one guy playing, the other guy adjusting a simple line (velocity curve) when it sounds the nuts save it by going to save kit in each program, hope these maps mean more drummers drumming and not reading manuals.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

welshsteve

Going off the topic a little, someone did a midi map for superior drummer 2. It required an insertion or somethung if a text file if I recall.
I probably did something wrong but I remember it not working and I ended up through trial and error getting somewhere usable. Never figured out choking cymbals though, with superior drummer I mean. Yet when I went to record at a friends place using Steven Slate 4 (as it was few years ago) the mapping took a little while but in the end everything worked as it did on the 2box module, cymbal chokes, foot splashes, 3 zone cymbals, the lot! He set it up though so I don't know if the process was hard, he said it was easy peasy!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

william campbell

Quote from: Jman on April 16, 2017, 04:29:12 AM

Thanks for this info, but I already tried this and it did not work.
The issue I am having is causing problems when I try to map sounds to other software players, and it is very frustrating.
But thanks for trying.