News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

usb disconnected error message

Started by hemiboy, March 03, 2014, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Hey guys,
  Went to turn my module on today and I get an  error message that says usb disconnected. Checked all my connections and turned on and off several times, and same thing. I have the 32 gig card extender if that matters! I assume it does. Any ideas?

Murgen

2 options:

You have an usb cable that does not work anymore because of the extender,

Or your module is switched to USB mode. Weird.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

This sounds familiar, maybe someone else had the same issue on this forum? It could be that the extender cable is damaged, or that the SD card is damaged or just not inserted completely. If the module is turned on when the SD card is missing it displays the following messages in that order: "flash error", "fat error", "no OS", "USB disconnected". Do you have the same messages, or just "USB disconnected"? If you have all those messages it's definitely the extender cable or the SD card. The first thing to try would be to put the original 4GB card. If it works then the 32GB card may need to be replaced or formatted, if not then it may be the extender cable.

hemiboy

Thanks guys, after several attempts to take the card in and out of the extender,  it clicked it   in and everything is ok. So I took it out cleaned the card , although it looked fine, and did the same with the reader and now it seems fine. I don't know, maybe a spec of dust? Back up and running! Anyway , while I am here, did anybody hear of a 64 gig extender conversion? thought I saw one on e bay the other day, but I was selling something so i didn't pay any attention. Went back in today to look for it and so far i can't find it

Haggis-man

Quote from: hemiboy on March 03, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
Thanks guys, after several attempts to take the card in and out of the extender,  it clicked it   in and everything is ok. So I took it out cleaned the card , although it looked fine, and did the same with the reader and now it seems fine. I don't know, maybe a spec of dust? Back up and running! Anyway , while I am here, did anybody hear of a 64 gig extender conversion? thought I saw one on e bay the other day, but I was selling something so i didn't pay any attention. Went back in today to look for it and so far i can't find it

I think the biggest card the module can read is 32Gb? Although I may be wrong.

Cheers

hemiboy

Yeah thanks Brian, I saw something on e bay but I also talked to Jman and he said he is pretty  sure 32 gigs is the end of the line