News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Australian pricing, and getting kits shipped to Australia...

Started by fishmonkey, December 25, 2009, 01:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

after following the development of the Drumit5 kit for years now, and waiting and waiting and waiting for some of the kits to finally reach Australia, i went and played one a couple of days ago... very nice!

however i got a rude shock when i asked what the price was... for the past year i have been told that kits would be around $3000 Australian dollars, which puts them roughly in line with the prices in the UK and Europe... however now the Australian distributor is setting a RRP of around $4800 Australian dollars, which is currently about 2700 British Pounds, or 3000 Euros!

now whilst we regularly get screwed over by distributors here down under, i am really pissed off this time!

so of course i would like to know if anybody knows which shops might be willing to ship to Australia?

[edit: i've now edited the post title, as the Australian prices have settled (at least for now) at much more reasonable level...]

DJDrums

G'day Fellow Aussie,
Paid $4k for the first one off the boat here in OZ. 6 months latter the RRP is down from $4800 to $4000. They said it was the change in OZ dollar value??
My local normally cuts me a very good deal so will give them benefit of doubt even though it probably cost me about $500 in pocket.

fishmonkey

well, it's a moot point now, but i don't think that explanation holds water if you look at the historical fluctuations in the Aussie dollar versus the American dollar or Euro over the time period we are talking about...

RossC

Hey fishmonkey, got an email today from Dominant, the distributors in Australia. The mkII kit is currently at a sale price of $2999. I think you contact them directly to purchase.

Dominant Music Aus

DRUMTEK is a big drum store in Australia who hold the ULTIMATE DRUMMERS WEEKEND. They have it on SALE for a limited time at the festival price, you can not buy it direct from Dominant:

http://www.drumtek.com.au/html/d-retail.html#TwoBox

fishmonkey

it's great that the price is more reasonable now. i bought the version one kit for $4000 in March...