News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Two Different Bass drums?!?

Started by BlingBling, March 01, 2011, 10:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwasser

Yes! Drumit five MK1 have the kickdrum with the black backplate and MKII have the kickdrum that is transparent. MK1 kickdrum can be remade to the MKII version quite easily, I have done it myself with good results and I'm not good at fixing things at all :p

BlingBling

ok..can you decribe how you made the MK1 to the MKII please? Do you thinks the MKII bass drum is better? how different is the play feeling?

Tanks

snydley

Quote from: hwasser on March 01, 2011, 11:35:24 PM
Yes! Drumit five MK1 have the kickdrum with the black backplate and MKII have the kickdrum that is transparent. MK1 kickdrum can be remade to the MKII version quite easily, I have done it myself with good results and I'm not good at fixing things at all :p

What is the advantage of converting it over to an MKII kick drum? I have an MKII set with an MKI kick drum. Should I convert it over?
Can you explain how that's done, what parts are necessary for the conversion and where I can get them?
Thanks,
Snyde

puttenvr

I don't see any advantage. With the front plate removed there CAN be some more bounch on the mesh head. Personally I don't like that. With the frontplate on, the surface is a bit more stiff and more noisy. So: depends on what you like

Slap the drummer

ditto what puttenvr says

if you're happy with how your current set up feels I wouldnt bother converting, it might make things
worse

snydley

Quote from: puttenvr on March 11, 2011, 07:08:12 AM
I don't see any advantage. With the front plate removed there CAN be some more bounch on the mesh head. Personally I don't like that. With the frontplate on, the surface is a bit more stiff and more noisy. So: depends on what you like

I see. I don't have any problems with the "feel" of the head, other than the difference compared to an acoustic drum. My biggest "beef" with the bass drum is getting the volume as loud as the other triggers in the PA system when using 1 output from the brain. I think maybe the solution to that is to output that signal to it's own output on the brain and control that separately on the PA board. In fact I'm thinking about using 3 separate outputs, 1 for kick drum, 2 for snare and toms, and 3 for cymbals, and balancing them individually on the PA.
Thanks for the help,
Snyde

Slap the drummer

The foam inserts do reduce the volume from the pad.
You could try removing only the smaller of the inserts and see what you think.  I found there
was an improvement in sound levels when I did this.
There is a smaller insert in the foam where the beater hits, and it is precut so removal is easy.
cheers

snydley

Quote from: Slap the drummer on March 11, 2011, 08:10:35 PM
The foam inserts do reduce the volume from the pad.
You could try removing only the smaller of the inserts and see what you think.  I found there
was an improvement in sound levels when I did this.
There is a smaller insert in the foam where the beater hits, and it is precut so removal is easy.
cheers

How do I do that, remove the head then the insert then replace the head?
Thanks,
Snyde

Slap the drummer

Quote from: snydley on March 12, 2011, 08:13:43 PM
How do I do that, remove the head then the insert then replace the head?
Thanks,
Snyde

That's it.  Very easy to do and undo  :)

BlingBling