News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

STICKS 5B ON 2BOX

Started by rudimetsak, December 13, 2012, 08:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudimetsak

Hi,
a question ,I use sticks 5b or 2b for my 2box set?accustomed to playing outside with heavy sticks in acoustic kit and I'm afraid cause damage...

thank's!

Murgen

I play with 2B's since May 1st. Everything oke.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

10keven

Ooo dear.. I went the other way.. Bought a pair of Gavin Harrison signature sticks. They are quite heavy and a little bit longer than my old 5B's but on my jobeky kit, It seems to work for me. if I break a skin, I break a skin.. Normal drum heads do   :P

Gavin Harrison Signature Vic Firth
An elongated ROCK shaft with a blended taper and tip. Delivers a good combination of power and playability. With blue Vic Grip.
L = 16 7/8" | Dia. = .630" 

:drum3:

rudimetsak

2b drumsticks what can cause damage? the sensor of 2box is at the center to the edge?I do not mind to change mesh heads often...

thanx again...

rudimetsak

edtc

the head sensor is side mounted , protected by a metal plate , so even with a hammer , it s protected ...

but the rim could be damaged with too thick sticks ... IMO , it mainly depends on the skill of the player ...

some are heavy hitters and dont have problems , while some other have slaughtered their kit in 3 weeks ...

whatever you hit ( or do) in life , if you care a bit about the laws of phisics , it should be fine .... 

if you really like 2B sticks , i would recommend to change at least the snare mesh head for a 2 ply model ... it will also trigger better ....

best thing IMO would be a 12" 13" or 14" real snare conversion ... easy to build , and solid as a rock ...

Murgen

I play with 2B's because they fit better in my hand. 5's are too thin (yep, big hands) and slip away causing all kinds of cramps in my hands. I do not use the rims a lot and if I do with caution. You see some wear on the heads (bit shiny) but the heads have been on there since April this year and everything works fine and as expected. A 2B does not mean one will bash away, it is just a better fit (for me).
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

GeeMo

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that 2box recommend 5A only for use with their cymbals, somone please correct me if I'm wrong, in case of damage over time.

I too prefer the larger B stick, but have been using A's as per my comment above, until I stumbled across the Ahead hybrid stick, it is an A length and weight with a B handle, or the one I am currently using the 5ABC, it's just slightly longer than the standard A. Now these aren't cheap, but so glad I bought them, they have a metal core and Ahead claim they absorb 50% more vibration than wooden sticks, I have definitely noticed the difference playing the 2box cymbals especially on the ride and I'm getting decent rebound, my hands don't feel as fatigued either.

A possible alternative to the heavier 2B ?
http://www.bigbangdist.com/ahead_sticks_list.htm