News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New demos on the 2box page

Started by hefu, November 25, 2010, 05:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefu

And they came out ok, I think.
Recorded in Logic, with no editing at all, just added a little reverb to toms and snare on the Kaschmir kit.
:patbat2box:

puttenvr

Mmmmm... I don't like it when e-drums play along with instruments on a demo
Even a Roland kit can sound good, then

hefu

Well, sorry about that. But really, even Rolands?  ::)

I'll make some new ones for you, although these are straight out of the 2box, soundwise.
Any particular style you want, puttenvr?

Cuban

I wasn't able to play them until today (was there a problem?) but they do sound very good.  :)
Although it is good to hear them in context with a band, the final example does show the clarity far better.

I look forward to more, thank you for doing them.  8)
:patbat2box:

puttenvr

Quote from: hefu on November 25, 2010, 06:24:58 PM
I'll make some new ones for you, although these are straight out of the 2box, soundwise.
Any particular style you want, puttenvr?

Well, the echo-kit - no music is okay
When you play like that and use different kits we can hear the 2Box's full potential

Evy

Hefu, do you work for 2Box?  Perhaps I missed something in these threads..

nonoduweb

Cool demos. Did you play them live or use midi?

As says puttenvr, you could include a drum solo in each demo, with rolls and differents levels of playing.

hefu

I played them live, of course! I wouldn't want to cheat here...!
Sure, will do that, with the solos and stuff, and we'll see if and when they put it on the site.

I have a good relationship with Bengt, and help him out with stuff from time to time, but I don't work at 2box.

rythm

Nice work, Hefu, both sounds and grooves! I don´t care so much for pure standard solos as they tend to be more of a show off for the drummer than the drums.
Instead I suggest one combine the tracks you´ve done with a palette of sounds and dynamics (a couple of different grooves, just drums, with some fills) to get the listener the idea how good and versatile this drums really are.

puttenvr

Quote from: rythm on November 26, 2010, 09:11:32 AM
I don´t care so much for pure standard solos as they tend to be more of a show off for the drummer than the drums.

On a good demo this is not the intention
Even moderate playing can show off the 2Box's potential
Just play some 16 notes on the hihats, let the cymbals shine and tom toms boom.
No need for speed drum solos