News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Use two headphones on DrumitFive

Started by hdevr000, January 12, 2010, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevr000

I was wondering if it's possible to use two headphones on the DrumitFive.
Ofcourse there is only one output but it many cases you want to show and more important, demonstrate your drumkit to others and then they can't.
Because the other outputs are mono you will only hear one channel and not that loud.

I bought a splitter (see picture) but the quality and sound volume does decrease dramtically.

Anay way to fix this without putting an amplifier on the device?

UC

To be honest, without amping the signal I don't think you'll get great results...

Something like this will do the trick nicely I should think...And it's only about £30 GBP
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR216552

I haven't used this model (or the online shop) myself but I've had a few Behringer mixers and always been happy (all still alive and working well!).

Careful you don't damage your own ears (and up to 3 other people's ;D)

hdevr000

Hmmmm great, that I didn't think of this before!
Let me check if they have even more cheap models with only two outputs, that will do it for now :)

Thanks again!

spoenk

i have the behringer too and for such purposes the quality is fine ...

hdevr000

Thanks,

I bought the behringer one, 28 Euros, not a bad deal!

fishmonkey

technically speaking, how well the passive splitter works will depend on the impedances of the headphones you are using...

UC

There always has to be someone who comes along and ruins everything with Science   :D

It's true, you're right, but I reckon it's nice to have seperate level control, and I personally like a little more juice than the brain pumps out :)

NeilC

Quote from: UC on January 12, 2010, 09:03:29 PM

Something like this will do the trick nicely I should think...And it's only about £30 GBP
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR216552

I have used this model when we recorded our EP with acoustic drums, I can't recommend enough! Strong build, simple, and despite what you may think for stuff like this Behringer ain't bad at all!

hdevr000

I bought it yes, it looks fine. I am not using it for recording.
Thanks for all the replies!!!