News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ever suddenly feel inadequate?

Started by eddie, November 06, 2014, 06:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie

I do whenever I encounter another drummer far greater than myself; which is pretty much any drummer.  That feeling is creeping back.  To be completely honest, my first vision for the 2Box was opening a PowerStation tune in Cool Edit and grabbing Tony Thompson's snare and bass samples to import into the module.  I truly had never heard of EZDrummer or Superior and had never contemplated needing sounds of varying velocities.  This is all beginning to sound like a heck of a lot of work.

Am I right to feel overwhelmed or is the process of adding new sounds fairly easy? 

Lustar

Yes to both: too much choice can be overwhelming and adding new sounds is easy :)
You don't need to add sounds right away. There are 100 kits plus free kits offered by 2Box on their website. Creating .dsnd files from .wav files is easy using the 2Box Editor or DSoundTool. Then if you'd like more sounds you can export from a drum VST.

wildhorse5678

Just play the inbuilt kits .. Im assuming you are in a band.  You really wont know what the kits sound like until you play along with the band. Then you will see which inbuilt kits work with your bands sound and which dont.  The great thing is that you can select a set of tom sounds from one kit, a snare from another ... Add a cowbell sound to a tom rim ... And create the kit you want that works with your bands sound and songs. No need to be a techno geek.

mechanevil

Murgen

Quote from: mechanevil on December 02, 2014, 12:22:50 PM
When in doubt, keep practicing  :animal:

Inadequate is a big word because I deliver quite decent yet very basic drumwork but my confidance got a blow when a new band fell apart last Sunday. I felt better when it turned out the singer just wanted his brother as drummer and not me. Still, it was a stab in the back because I organised the band, rehearsal room and all. The key issue was him having more than 35 years gig experience where I started drumming 11 years ago, next to my family and hectic job as IT contractor. That makes me feel inadequate, not having that milage on my drumcounter. :(
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Quote from: Murgen on December 02, 2014, 03:23:33 PM
Inadequate is a big word because I deliver quite decent yet very basic drumwork but my confidance got a blow when a new band fell apart last Sunday. I felt better when it turned out the singer just wanted his brother as drummer and not me. Still, it was a stab in the back because I organised the band, rehearsal room and all. The key issue was him having more than 35 years gig experience where I started drumming 11 years ago, next to my family and hectic job as IT contractor. That makes me feel inadequate, not having that milage on my drumcounter. :(

Wow...that sucks man. Been there. After being gutted by those who I considered my family, I gave up for a great many years. Destroyed me mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It's taken ages to get back to where I am now....and I still don't have the drive I used too....however I do have much more peace now about who I am even though I'm not where I would like to be.

teletom007

To murgen

That's hard man, feeling with you.    ðŸ'©

Murgen

Quote from: fulrmr on December 02, 2014, 03:59:23 PM
Wow...that sucks man. Been there. After being gutted by those who I considered my family, I gave up for a great many years. Destroyed me mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It's taken ages to get back to where I am now....and I still don't have the drive I used too....however I do have much more peace now about who I am even though I'm not where I would like to be.

Wauw ... I know what you mean but they are not worth it. Now I'm glad it happened because it proves I was rehearsing with a snake. According to my fellow founder who quit after it came out it happened before and the attitude destroyed more bands in the past.

I enjoy your participation and knowledge big time, thank you for your sympathy. :)
--------

Murgen

--------