News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2014 .... what color were those 2Box drums?

Started by Jman, January 25, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

What I learn from this useful exercise with our personal Master of Colours is that the pads are relatively small and merely add a touch in colour. It would be great if the snare-rim would be standard chrome or just brushed aluminium - and as a result make the parallel to the acoustic snares. Change the colour of the module. Pianoblack looks cool, even with the orange display on the front, quite classy in fact. The others pads, I do not care too much but with a metal snare look changing those into metal as well or white would be my way to go.

On the other hand, it is my practise kit and it is the sound and feel that matters. The lightshow on the DSP-modules is drawing the looks, not the colour of the pads.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Dänoh

Coming back at you all...  :)

Here's the request by Nocternodrummer, 'Orange Sparkle':

Dänoh

...a 'Hydro Dipping' kit  (as suggested by Fulrmr).

"LOOK Ma', my kit got EYES....!"  :o

:D :D

Dänoh

I think I'll have another go at Hemi's 'Wine Red',  then maybe the trying of 'True' chrome!
Still open for suggestions....

:)

hemiboy

Those hydros are pretty cool too. I never thought I would say this but maybe after getting used to the orange, I really like it with chrome snare look, but I still think the ass kicker is the dark, dark burgundy wine and as they might say in Germanish,   Mit Za Chromenhoff snarenheizer. No offense my German brothers! Just going a little cu koo that's all !

Dänoh

Another take at 'Wine Red'.
Not with any Chrome at this point - I will have to take another shot at Chrome as well.
In the meantime, tell me if the 'Burgunder' suits you!  ;)

Have a drink on me...:

Dänoh

...and here's a 'Silver Sparkle' (a rather grainy one), for a change:

hemiboy

DanohI dont know if it will let you make the maroon almost black red if you know what I mean with the chrome, now I see that I am saying red so you have been giving me red. Not red dark burgundy, like a 1967 Chevy malibu super sport, with a chrome snare

Dänoh

Hemi would you have me an example picture of the 'black red' color that you have in mind?
Up until now I assumed a 'Yamaha Recording Cherry Wood' color...  ;)

hemiboy

I saw them on either Diamond or Jobekys website, I am gonna take a peek now

hemiboy

Danoh,
Look on Diamond drums website and there are two one is called wine shimmer and the other one, the more I am looking at it on  a kick with a wooden hoop, is almost f---n purple which i dont like as much. Sorry , I am a moron on a computer, so I can't provide you with a url like a sensible person could . But if you find it , that should end my pain. lol!

edtc

Dänoh

Greetings everybody! - A couple more finishes for you to enjoy!

Here's a dark green (as suggested by Lustar) in a 'Green Glass' version:

Dänoh

Next, a purple color (as suggested by fishmonkey).
This one is a little textured. It's courtesy of Jammin' Sam drumwraps, and is called 'Purple Metal':

Dänoh

And finally the ever so elusive chrome...

(suggested by Fulrmr, Murgen, Hemiboy ...and probably someone other - don't know anymore who was first...)

'Mirror Chrome':