News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

bass drum foam is dead....

Started by mandubien, January 09, 2011, 03:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandubien

Hi there.

I recently changed my Eliminator bass drum pedal for a Demon Drive, and since yesterday, my bass drum foam is dead at the point where the right batter hits the pad.

It's like the hole in formation. Do you think it can come from the new batter ? Cause it doesn't look aggressive, it's a foamy batter.

So for now I simply turned the foam as 180° to use the other half, but i couldn't imagine it was that fragile.

Pictures soon

Baby Samus

Best to take the foam out and move the trigger, then use a rubber head beater (MK II conversion).  No need to worry about foam again and the mesh will last much longer...

puttenvr

Any instructions how to do that?
(I don't but perhaps some people will)

Daniel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 09, 2011, 08:18:21 AM
Any instructions how to do that?
(I don't but perhaps some people will)

just remove all screws, throw away the metal plate and the foam and put it back together.

spoenk

the screws are not only screwed but also glued, so you might need to apply some violence too, or somehow dissolve the glue.
i chose the path of violence ...

the topic http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,395.0.html deals with this issue. the original idea, which is also applied to the mkII version, is from forum member AA

mandubien

Thanks for your quick answers guys !

As I'm really not good in do-it-yourself things, I think I will first use a Roland mesh head (which are double-ply) first to protect more the foam. If I still have problems, I will probably remove the foam and metal plate and modify the sensor position.

Best !

mandubien

Ok I know what happened : there's a crack in the mesh head, so the foam wasn't protected anymore by the head. That's why there is this hole in formation. I just need to change to head and it should be ok.