News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Strike pro recent audio demo.

Started by welshsteve, January 20, 2017, 08:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Any thoughts to the strike pro audio brief audio demo up on YouTube? Personally it sounds a lot better than their more recent offerings, but it's not really any more realistic than the 2box kit, if anything, it's not quite as realistic. To me anyway. But I'm waiting on the official derrick roddy demo coming soon. 
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

hemiboy

I am not sure how tweaked the module was, but I really  have to assume Alesis put their best foot forward after a long  overdue and awaited  debut. To me,  the snare sounded decent , but the toms and cymbals sounded a little "cheap"  as compared to what my 2 box sounded like

Jman

A couple stats on the module and sounds. 200MB is the size limit per kit. You can load up to 40 samples per instrument, example would be 10 samples with 4 round robins, which means 10 X 4 =40 or another example would be 12 samples with 3 round robins= 36. In person it was pretty hard to determine sound quality since when I was there they did not have headphones to listen to it outside the kit, it was being demoed through an amp, and to me the amped sound was pretty crappy. Personally I would see this as a mid range kit, not quite on par with the 2Box .... just my opinion.

Bengt said there are 2 modules that are actually complete, but they have not gone into production, so I don't know what that would actually mean. Drumit 3 as shown in the past, and a Drumit 5SE ..... which would basically be a Drumit 5 with an accessible SD Card Slot. So for me, my Drumit 5 with my Stealth 32GB Card Mod kit installed means the SE would be unnecessary.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

StudioG4

So Jman, are you saying there is no new offering from 2box at NAMM this year?

Jman

Quote from: StudioG4 on January 21, 2017, 12:25:38 AM
So Jman, are you saying there is no new offering from 2box at NAMM this year?
Correct, nothing new displayed at NAMM
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/