News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box and Superior Drummer 2.0

Started by hefu, August 04, 2010, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

getting hihats to work properly is the bane of electronic drum triggering.

the 2Box brain sends three different MIDI messages to represent hihat data, these are the default settings:

MIDI Note #45 for bow hits (what BFD refers to as 'tip')
MIDI Note #46 for edge hits (BFD calls these 'shank')
MIDI Control Change (CC) #01 to indicate the pedal height (0–126; 0 = pedal up, 126 = pedal down)

CC #01 is the Modulation Wheel message, the other common message used is CC #04, which is Foot Control.

note that the 2Box only sends the pedal height CC when you hit the hihat, not continuously like most other drum modules. in this respect, it is like the Roland TD-20.

i don't have Superior Drummer, but i doubt you will be able to get the hihat working with just MIDI learn. look up variable hihats in the manual...

MarkuZ

Here in this Thread are some postings with very good hints from dagger to fix this issue.
I had the same problem and with daggers Project-file for SD2.0 it is working fine now.
Try it, it works!

regards markuz

Daniel

just a reminder: if anyone has been able to map the "evil drums" hihat corretly, please post the preset file.

thanks!

black_sonix

I would like to request a map/preset file for Metal Foundry add on if anyone out there has figured it out. I tried but don't have the time to perfect it.

Many thanks to Dagger for all the hard work :D

Paul.

Daniel

any one already had success mapping the evil drums hihat for 2box?

cheers,
dan

hallowed

Hi,
I've never used superior drummer,bfd or ezdrummer before.I want to upload new dsnd files to my 2box module.what is the easiest way to create dsnd files from superior drummer 2 samples? What's the format that they're stored in superior drummer (wave,midi etc)? Could someone experienced tell me the easiest way to get samples from superior drummer 2 and create dsnd files and then upload them to the module? Thanks for your help.

edtc

hi again,

here is alink to another thread where Louis explains how to do this for kontact , another VST , but the process would be the same with superior drummer...

Quote from: Louis on January 17, 2011, 11:14:19 PM
Hi Slappy,

You could try to use Reaper if you are using Windows, it has a 30 day free license and is otherwise cheap compared to some other tools. I have never used the Kontakt player but this is how it should work:

Try to locate the Kontakt player plugin from Reaper, and when you have done that you can create a new track "insert virtual instrument on new track".
On that track you then can insert a media file. Insert a midi file that you have created using DSoundTool (menu Tools/Generate Midi file).
Then play the midi file and bounce it to a wave file. You may have to repeat this once for every zone (e.g. bell, bow, edge for cymbals, different open levels for hihat)

Finally you can convert the obtained wave filesto a dsnd file using DSoundTool, using menu option Dsnd/Generate .dsnd file.

The procedure should be quite similar with other DAWs.

I hope that gets you started... Good luck!

edcito

Quote from: Dagger on October 11, 2010, 08:01:12 PM
Here is a modified settings file with the correct mixer settings (stereo output) and both cc1 and cc4 for the hi-hat. I have also mapped the cowbell to the cup of the cymbal.

http://www.easy-share.com/1912598098/2BOX Superior Drummer.s20

This file is a SD "project file" open it via load/save in SD "load project"

The file is gone :-X
Could someone upload it again? :rock:

rcprod

I have the file. Where is a good place on the web to post it for downloading?

musicbase

Hi. Could you please email me that file to 2box@spambog.com, i would upload it on my website www.musicbase.ch.

Thanks, Mat

scutler

id be really grateful as well for this file, really looking forward to getting the two setup properly for the studio.   my emails alexbutler79@hotmail.com if anyone could pop the settings file over :)

cheers

rcprod

Hi,

Sorry but I kind of lost track of this thread.

Going to track down that file now.

rcprod

There you go scutler, Grajnd, and musicbase.

I downloaded the file I have sent to your email from the 2Box website quite a while ago.

Hope it works out for you.

Cheers.

scutler

;D thankyou very much, really appreciate it bud!

Rider

sory to bring this old post up , but i cant seem to dial in the mapping either , does anyone have it ???

would be much apreciated