News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

STUFF FOR GIGGING DRUMMERS

Started by wildhorse5678, September 27, 2014, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

Hi all, I'm a gigging drummer from SHEFFIELD UK,  (currently usiong Roland TD6) . I am about to buy a second hand 2box(Mk1) that I want to use mainly for gigs and thought that it may be useful to ask any giogging drummer out there for any hints and tips for using the Drumit 5 for gig.

eg  1) Do you fold the rack for transport or completley dismantle it and reassemble it ... how long does it take ?
2) Whats the best output configuration to use on stage - assuming the kit is being fed into a mixing desk.

I ask these questions because I have prewired my  current TD6 rack with all the connecting cables and also attached the power transformer and a DI box to the rack. Therefore I  just take off the pads ,  cymbals and brain fold the rack ... and can be packed up in 5 to 10 mins as I don't need to mess about  much with cables and wires.  I have colour coded all the cables end that go into the brain and colour coded the inputs as well with coloured tape so I dont need to think much about what jack goes into what hole .. I just match the colours.  The Roland rackis a joy to fold because of all the Thumbscrews - I dont need to  mess about with drim keys lossening anything, just a quick turn of the thumbscrews and its done.  The only time saving item I couldnt use on the kit are quick release nuts on the cymbals because the Roland cymbal folders are 6mm diameter and I cant find quick release nuts that small - they are are for 8mm .     

How do you guys with Drummit 5 do things? Any tips appreciated