News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Advice please!

Started by runedog, June 14, 2014, 09:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runedog

I work for an organisation that teaches music to challenged people. We are considering purchasing a 2box kit and I would welcome answers to the following please:

Can the 2box module record individual parts of a session, i.e. just the bass drum?

For a person who has a missing limb or leg issues, can the side-tom be used (tuned) as a bass drum?

Is it possible to use Superior Drummer or any other program with this module?

Many thanks for any/all input.

geo

Hi runedog,

1) Not using the unit itself, but it can be done with an external recorder, either using one of the 8 individual audio outputs, or via MIDI.

2) Yes, any sound can be assigned to any of the pads. Bass drums are a cinch because there is only one type of sound (c.f. toms (head, rim) and cymbals (edge, shoulder, bell))

3) Yes. You can either run the MIDI output into a PC (that has a MIDI input) running SD, or use one of the tools described in this forum to create a Drumit5-compatible sound collection which can loaded onto the unit.

runedog

Many thanks for your reply Geo, appreciated.

Great pity the 2box module does not allow recording!

Murgen

Quote from: runedog on June 15, 2014, 07:44:30 AM
Many thanks for your reply Geo, appreciated.

Great pity the 2box module does not allow recording!

Which unit can? :) you have 6 outputs and you can quiet direct specific sources to a specific output.

And you can use default mp3 or uploaded mp3 tracks and trigger them by a pad or rim to run.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

runedog

>>Which unit can?<<

Hi, thanks for your input. The Roland modules can record I believe!

Murgen

Quote from: runedog on June 15, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
>>Which unit can?<<

Hi, thanks for your input. The Roland modules can record I believe!

Thank you, I haven't checked on the TD30 spec's.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

runedog

Hello again Murgen,

The TD11 and TD15 modules both allow this too :)

Thanks again