News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New to the forum and the 2box community

Started by Jkuhl, January 03, 2016, 02:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkuhl

Hey everyone, my name is Jamie.  I've found this site to be invaluable while researching and considering my options for an ekit. After lots of lurking here and the v drums forum, I came to the conclusion that a 2box module and an a to ekit conversion from Jman was the way to go. Jerry as I'm sure most of you know, was amazing to work with and has always been great about spoon feeding me info and helping me from the beginning. I begrudgingly found myself needing an ekit after moving and thanks to this site and folks like JMAN I'm on my way to being a big fan of edrums, something i was sure was impossible. The conversion Jman offers, was easy to follow and a piece of cake for someone like me, who is not exactly a whiz with building and tools. I've now got my 5pc converted tama kit and meinl/wuhan cymbals successfully triggering sounds. Everything sounds great and I'm really looking forward to the recording capabilities this kit offers.

I'm running a windows 10 machine with 8gb of ram, with the plan to upgrade to 16gb by the end of next week. I use reaper and a focusrite scarlett 18i20 8 channel usb interface. The interface has midi in addition to the 8 combo trs/XLR inputs. Running a dry test I sent outputs 1 and 2 from the 2box brain into my interface and while things sounded ok, the fidelity was nowhere near to what I hear in my cans. So with that said, can someone please help me to understand the best possible way to get as close to what I hear in my headphones onto tape? I have 3 cymbals, hihat, kick, snare and 3 toms. I'm very green when it comes to this format and apologize if all of these matters have been discussed in other threads. Any and all advice and help is truly appreciated and I look forward to gaining a much deeper understanding of this incredible new tool that Jman and this board helped me realize. Many thanks in advance.

Jamie

Jman

Hi Jamie, good to see you on the forum! and thanks for the KUDOs
I meant to give you a couple links after our last conversation and ..... well ..... forgot ... LOL .... Anyway, here are some threads where we have discussed various ideas on recording via direct outs: Just type  Direct Outs  into the search box.
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?action=search2
Within those threads you will also see that a few others have noticed the difference in sound running multiple direct outs as compared to sending everything through Out 1 and 2.

Hopefully some of the members here will chime in with their experiences. This might give you some initial ideas though .... Hope it helps, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

The 2Box module is a fantastic tool for live performances! When doing live or even recording rehearsals (we have such a mixer which record 32 channels on the fly) I am using 6 direct outputs from 2Box and it sounds great in my old ears. For more serious recordings (in Logic and Cubase) I am just using the midi trigger part of 2Box where it triggers VSTs in my computer. I am using Addictive Drums.

If I found some nice sounds in AD2 or settings...I am exporting it to 2Box, using the SDSE tool and is able to use it live on stage in the next step.

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com