News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

BFD3 and XFL expansion pack

Started by billgtx, August 07, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billgtx

I used SDSE to export many of the kits and pieces from BFD3 and convert them to DSNDs a couple of months ago.  Used SDSE defaults and no presets in BFD3 - just wanted the raw sounds.  Recently I jumped on the 50% off promo to grab the XFL,  Deluxe, Heavy and Zildjian Digital Vault expansion packs.

Since I used to own a Tama Starclassic birch kit I wanted to get that kit onto my 2Box module first.  Hehe.

That's when I noticed the kit pieces were significantly louder than the stock BFD3 sounds.  Pulled them up in Reaper to make sure it wasn't an issue with the export process and it wasn't.   The sounds really are louder.

First - has anyone else noticed this?

Second - I have several options to level out the volume between kits.  What do you recommend so that I minimize distortion?  I'd like to adjust the volume prior to creating the DSNDs so that when creating or modifying kits on the module I don't have to constantly adjust volume per piece.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Jman

I can't help you on XFL Bill, I do own BFD expansions, quite a few, but not that one. Give Lustar a shout out. He will put you on the right path, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/