News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Need to get just the "drumItinit.dkit" and "drumIt.dkit" file

Started by jesse1d, May 04, 2017, 06:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse1d

Hey, just bought a used unit and I think I screwed up the ability to use the editor effectively as it keeps saying it can't find the sounds. They are there on the module but I didn't backup the "drumItinit.dkit" and "drumIt.dkit" file. Was doing some renaming and testing and messed it up. Is there any way to just get these files without downloading the entire reinit software?  tks

jesse1d

OK, so I guess I'll just reinit the whole module using the "Brain Module Content" file at the support site.

welshsteve

What's your email, I'll forward you one I have now mate!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

Or rather, Private message me here with an email and I'll forward you mine!

jesse1d

Thanks Steve, I downloaded the entire reinit for the module but still am having issues with it.  It works fine on it's own but when connected via usb and using the EDITOR software I am unable to place .dsnd files onto the KIT Pads as the software says "Could not load missing sound(s)" in Kit Mode each time I launch the software or change kits. I believe some other silent file perhaps has been deleted or something. Any Idea why it might behave this way?

welshsteve

You don't need the editor to load in files, just drag and drop to the mounted disk on your desktop and then once they're on the drumit 5 hard drive, you can then in the editor assign to your kits.

So, connect module in USB mode, once the image shows on your desktop (it does on a mac, I am not sue about windows) drag the sounds from the location on your laptop to the folders in the disk image, as it will show up like any USB pen drive. Then in editor, go to kit (you may have to tell the editor to open a kit bank, if so, select any kit (.dkit) file on the mounted disc image of the module.
Then assign whatever recently added dsdn files to any of the kits, then save! Disconnect and voila, you're done.

jesse1d

I appreciate you trying to help Steve.  The module itself has all the sounds on it and it plays fine, the Editor communicating with it is where I am having difficulty.  I can see all the sounds on the module from the PC when just viewing it as a drive. When I launch the editor it works in SOUND mode but not in KIT mode. I can see the kits but when selecting one I get "could not load missing sounds" error from the Editor. The sounds are on the module and I can select them from the module, just not in kit mode with the editor. I have done a init all within the module software, reloaded all files from the website but still have the issue.  There are some silent files that were not part of the download and I am thinking it is one of these files that may have been deleted from the module and is causing this issue. 

welshsteve

Just to clarify, you don't have the 32gig expansion? That'll be with a slot on the side of the module which has a SD card port?