News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

My new 2Box kit with Rubber heads.

Started by Dav3502, July 17, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav3502

Hi,

I rarely chime in here on the forum but I wanted to pass along my experience with a recent 2Box kit purchase here in the USA. I bought the kit from Proaudiostar in Brooklyn, NY. Within three days from purchase and them working with me on the price the kit showed up at my door.

The only negative I have to say is that three of the tom/cymbal mounts do not function properly. It's impossible for me to seat the L Arm into the plastic ball without the hex nut popping off. I have been in contact with Hoshino USA and we are working on a resolution. I have managed to "rig" the cymbal and tom into position but it is wobbly and is only a temporary fix.

Other than that I am super impressed with the playability and responsiveness of the kit. The rubber pads are awesome. I actually prefer them to mesh pads because they seem to give me a true acoustic feel. The cymbals and High Hat are also functioning superbly. I have the High Hat set on a DW HH stand and I think it is functioning great. Certain High Hats are more responsive than others but I have no issues at all. I purchased the SD Card modification from Jman and had it installed in 20 minutes after I received it. I received the Mod kit within three days of order from Jman who is on the west coast and I am on the east coast. Thanks Jman.
I contacted Lustar about downloading some of my Addictive Drums kits via his SDSE program and he helped me tremendously by remotely logging in to my computer. I can't wait to download some of those kits from AD. Thank You Lustar.

Thanks to everyone here for all of your help. Anyone in the states considering the 2Box with the rubber heads do not hesitate, you will not be disappointed.

Dave

Murgen

Hi Dave! Good to hear the rubber heads are fine and I'm sorry to hear about your mounting issues. I suspect the clamps screwthreads.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Glad you got everything setup Dave. Sorry to hear about the clamp problem. Hopefully Hoshino will resolve that soon. Sounds like a new problem. There have been some previous posts about paint in the threads on bass drums causing problems:  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=2147.msg18939#msg18939 but I don't think I have seen posts about problems with the tom/cymbal clamps. As far as I know those are the same clamps they have been using from the beginning, so hopefully this is a rare case and not a bad production batch!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

Very cool. I really wish they made the rubber heads in 8". I would buy a full set then for my kit.

Dav3502

Hey guys,

I made contact with Hoshino and they shipped me out three new tom/cymbal mounts. Problem solved, the kit is playing and sounding great.  Many thanks to Bill Chadwick and Wiiliam Ludwig at Hoshino. Two great guys who helped me out no questions asked and shipped me the replacement parts super quick.

From what I can see the plastic ball inside the clamp seemed a tad small , preventing the L rod from seating in all the way.

Take Care

Dave