News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland KD 120 Kick Pad

Started by Perico, March 28, 2011, 11:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perico

Hi everybody!!
I would like to know if the Roland KD 120 Kick pad will work properly with the Drumit5 module.
If yes would all the parameters like threshold, gain...still work properly?
I guess it will work because I have read some topic about someone using a KD7 or KD8, but i prefer to have some feedbacks about the KD 120.
Thx and sorry for my bad english!! :)

rythm

Yes, it works.
About the parameters I think so - tried it about a year ago, and they should work too, if I remember right.  :)

Edit:
Just tried it again and the parameters (gain, type, decay, etc) seem to work just fine.

Jman

I use a 22" kick with an internal crossbar trigger system. I used this with my Roland setup before using KD-120 type settings flawlessly .... When I switched to the Drumit Five module with the same kick .... it has performed flawlessly .... I don't even remember changing trigger parameters.... just using the parameters for the 14" Drumit 5 kick ... I would say the KD-120 will work just fine with little tweaking necessary ...  plug it in and play it ... adjust the threshold slightly if needed and the same for the gain .... Done. cept .... no kick light ;D
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Perico

Ok thanx for your feedbacks!!
In fact I'm a beginner in drumming. I have lessons once a week with an acoustic drum kit and I work at home with my Drumit5.
I feel more confortable behind the acoustic kit than the Drumit5, especially concerning the placement of the pedals of Kick and Hit Hat, though I have my own Hit Hat. That's why I was thinking about maybe buy a Kick pad I should be able to place where i want easily. It will probably sounds weird to you but this a main issue for my learning. I don't know if I will buy a KD 120 or another Kick pad, but at least I know that it's a valid option for me.
Thanks again.