News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Dead kick

Started by Ramon, July 20, 2010, 12:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramon

The kick in my drumit5 suddenly stopped working,for no apparent reason.15 minutes before I had just updated the OS from 1.04 to 1.10 and for a while everything worked fine until all of a sudden the kick just ceased to work: no trigger signal on the sound module at all. Swapped cables with other pads with no results.Loaded the previous OS again and nothing happened. ???

It may just be a mechanical failure.

If anybody could send some light on this I'd be very grateful. :-*

Baby Samus

Well you can try deleting the O/S files from the module and copy the latest one on again, perhaps the file was corrupted somehow? You could open the thing up to check the wires are in place too, but beware obviously there are warranty issues there - no harm just looking though eh?

If its still not working I would advise contacting the shop you got it from to get a replacement.  Its also worth sending Scottie a PM if you bought it in the U.K, as he should be able to smooth the process for you if you do need a new pad.

spoenk

maybe check the soldering on the trigger ... had this problem w/t hihat ...

Ramon

I'll pay a visit to the drum store this afternoon.Hope they get to solve the issue.

Thanx for the advice guys  :rock:

Ramon

Issue solved. It was my fault.In my ignorance I kept on kicking directly onto the sensor of the kick drum thinking it was the exact place to do so  ::) I did notice there was a sensible area just over it but was somehow convinced it wasn't the right place to impact.So hit after hit I ended smashing the poor sensor.

Sent the kick to the repair service and in one day they turned it back to life again  ;)

I'll pay more attention to detail next time  ;D