News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

STRANGE hihat again ... phase, stereo, mono stuff

Started by spoenk, November 19, 2009, 01:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

It's not the recording
It's the dividing into parts

spoenk

yes, or the putting back together of the parts cause there are some samples that use the same channel or microphone or recording for left and right signal and some where maybe the (assumed) left and right microphone/channel got mixed up or something like that ... the recordings as such are great...

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 20, 2009, 08:55:22 PM
It's not the recording
It's the dividing into parts

That's what I meant, They need to place the parts in the right way.

puttenvr

micke

hi

me and some friends have been recording in my studio for 2 days now... everything works good exept these bloody drums. i am so fed up with this kit, and im selling it right away. thanks for all the help, but nothing works... still the hihat and kick that is driving me (and my friends)crazy. not even a single clean 30sec recording. the kit is just way to unpredictible. to bad, back to roland for me

spoenk

Quote from: puttenvr on November 21, 2009, 09:48:06 AM
Hope version 1.0 will be better in that way

i've already updated so i'm talking about version 1.0.
but i've got an email where bengt says they will fix the samples after they fix the boot and release the editor and new samples.
and this is mostly a problem of the groove hihat samples and evolution samples also don't have consistent stereo image, but not that obvious...
i'm just hoping to get the editor soon because when i use 2box to trigger battery i can adjust controller and velocity settings in a way that makes the hihat play perfectly: no unwanted pedal triggers and no difficulty to get half open at all.
this should be possible with the 2box kits as well as soon as the editor is released...

thijs

That's good news, if it's possible to make it perfect with different software the 2box guys will surely be able to fix it too.

thijs

Battery is actually pretty cool. I wish 2box would write a plugin like this too with the 2box sounds. It would make recording drums a breeze.

spoenk: Do you have a mapping from the drumit five to battery?

spoenk

you mean a cubase drummap?
no i don't have one (yet) ...
i just made a small kick snare hihat kit in battery to trigger from 2box to check out the hihat problems ...
i could send the battery kit if you want to

Travis182

Quote from: micke on November 21, 2009, 11:04:47 AM
hi

me and some friends have been recording in my studio for 2 days now... everything works good exept these bloody drums. i am so fed up with this kit, and im selling it right away. thanks for all the help, but nothing works... still the hihat and kick that is driving me (and my friends)crazy. not even a single clean 30sec recording. the kit is just way to unpredictible. to bad, back to roland for me

So you fixed the hi-hat and it worked great and now it doesn't work again, your posts are unpredictable!!

micke

i never said i fixed it!
i said it worked better, there is a difference as far as i know, and whats unpredictible is the kit!

wbrs

I thought you liked the Roland better. Your going to sell your going to keep what's it going to be. I'm getting dizzy.

HM

Quote from: spoenk on November 20, 2009, 12:36:14 PM
to me that means that a little something went wrong when preparing those samples which should be quite easy to fix by going back to the original recordings...meanwhile i'll just use another hihat.

It seems to me 2box has now fixed this problem with the groove hi-hat samples. I'm very happy to see the drums get better and better! I'm looking forward to try all the new samples they just released. I still need to wait a bit to first get my kit, though.

spoenk

that's great, uploading right now! i can't wait to try it...