News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Crack in the Mesh!

Started by Daniel, December 19, 2009, 01:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

i really have no luck with my set. today i recognized that the outer rubber edge of tha hihat has a crack too and i can already see the metal beneath it.... :(

boekhour

You are an unlucky man... No problems at all here, with heavy hitting and using the drumkit for >15 hours already (5a drumsticks).

puttenvr

roel

Quote from: Danny on January 16, 2010, 05:59:03 PM
i really have no luck with my set. today i recognized that the outer rubber edge of tha hihat has a crack too and i can already see the metal beneath it.... :(

Hallo Danny, Is your set from the first or second delivery?

Daniel

boekhour

Okay, my snare head is cracked also.... 2cm by 4 cm hole in it, after 30 hours of soft and heavy playing. To soon I think, a head should last for >500 hours? Is this garantee, Scottie?  And what is a good alternative meshhead (drum-tec.de)?

Also I'm waiting for spareparts (cymbals, clamps etc). When can those items be bought?

Simpan

The 2Box heads really aren't all that durable (I've heard of a lot of people having their heads cracked, including myself). My first one cracked a day after I got the kit, second one a couple of weeks later (on the same pad!?!?). I just bought a roland head instead of claiming warranty again, they're virtually indestructible, although they feel a bit stiff.

Baby Samus

No issues with the heads here either...perfectly durable.  Thats with almost 3 months of daily playing on them too.

puttenvr

Quote from: Simpan on February 17, 2010, 12:59:07 PM
I've heard of a lot of people having their heads cracked, including myself.

boekhour

HAHA  :rock:. Puttenvr, which brand mesh should I buy?

barriteau

Hi Boek, I bought "Pintech Woven Silentech Heads" about five years ago to replace my ddrum mesh heads, I use to play for a couple of hours every day, just noted the first crack in one of those heads some weeks ago and I think it was my fault for tightening it too much.

Don't take my word as gospel because I got nothing more to compare with, but I think those are good enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Pintech-Woven-Silentech-Replacement-Inches/dp/B0002D092E/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1267410557&sr=8-21

puttenvr

Although there are not the strongest heads, I still prefer single ply heads because of their silience. I take it for granted to replace them a bit sooner.

franz-tanz

Hi everyone.
Anyone tried the HDI KSM Meshheads from Hart Dynamics available at drum tec. Are they single ply?
Seems so.
But they are really expensive. 10" Head costs about 32 Euros.

@Puttenvr:
What single ply heads do you use?
Greets
Tillmann

puttenvr

I use the T-drum mesh heads