News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Crack in the Mesh!

Started by Daniel, December 19, 2009, 01:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

hi,

i just noticed the is a very very little crack in the mesh of one tom.

its just one "thread" which is cracked, but i am afraid it might get bigger.

i always used new smooth sticks. anyone know what to do?

maybe put some tape on the area?

cheers,
dan

nonoduweb

Hi
I had the same problem with the head of my snare pad, the hole did not seem to get bigger.
I finally changed it because of the double triggering that the head created for a Vdrum Roland head.

Daniel

well, i guess its hard to get replacement part at the moment since even the kits are very rare.

some official word on this?

Travis182

Danny where do you live? it might be worth sending Scottie a PM as he works for the uk distribution of 2box.

Daniel

I am from Germany.

I already contacted Hyperactive in Germany because of the Hithat, but got no answer.  :-\

Scottie

Quote from: Danny on December 19, 2009, 06:34:44 PM
I am from Germany.

I already contacted Hyperactive in Germany because of the Hithat, but got no answer.  :-\

Hi Danny

Leave this with me and i will contact Hyperactive for you tomorrow, and see what their procedure is to get something like this sorted.

Thanks
Scott

Daniel

Quote from: Scottie on December 20, 2009, 09:38:18 PM
Hi Danny

Leave this with me and i will contact Hyperactive for you tomorrow, and see what their procedure is to get something like this sorted.

Thanks
Scott

wow thank you so much! please ask about the improved hihat replacement too.

cheers,
dan

puttenvr

Quote from: Danny on December 19, 2009, 06:34:44 PM

Perhaps their new policy. I don't get an answer either
Want to have the new hi-hat clamp. Who ?

viina

Quote from: Danny on December 19, 2009, 01:39:47 PM
hi,

i just noticed the is a very very little crack in the mesh of one tom.

its just one "thread" which is cracked, but i am afraid it might get bigger.

i always used new smooth sticks. anyone know what to do?

maybe put some tape on the area?

cheers,

jessjess got the same thing on first tom I dont use very often. first I`ve noticed crack and then after hitting for 10 min  or so it became to be bigger. after then I taped it as regular head. problem continued....I had many other little cracks after that showed up next. after many same kind of tapeings its looks like to be repeared. as new kit on market can`t wait for new mesh. can anyone recomend other mesh heads? roland for example. good thing is that after taping sound didn`t changing too much.

Daniel

hey guys,

the crack is now gone larger and worse too. its about 3x5cm now.

does anyone know if these will fit and work on the 2box?

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/T-Drum-Triggerhead-10-Zoll-.html?refID=1

puttenvr

Yeah, why not
They are regular mesh heads

Daniel

puttenvr

NeilC

Quote from: Danny on December 29, 2009, 11:25:06 AM

does anyone know if these will fit and work on the 2box?

Danny, you probably already know but as long as the replacement heads are 'normal' for acoustic drums you can use on the 2Box, so mesh, rubber, and acoustic heads. So you could use pinstripes, any kind of mesh etc. Be aware of actual acoustic noise though if using rubber or standard heads.

:)

Daniel

yeah i was just wondering because i never removed a mesh from a edrum before and have no idea how its looks when i remove the screws from the outer rings. but i guess its just similar to accoustic drums, i bet one could even put a pantyhose on it and it will work.

btw, iam a guitarrist and the 2box are my first steps in the drumland :-). i am so glad that i was born in these "high technology" days and can play with that great sound direct in my room.