News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Creating Space

Started by johnnycajon, December 02, 2011, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycajon

Hi, I'm new to 2Box having just collected my MKII kit yesterday after a few years with a Roland. Right now whilst enthusiastic abut the "Orange Wonder" Reading some of the forum topics I suspect it may be a problematic learning curve ahead.

I have got to grips with the software, connection and folder management I think. I understand the limitations of the SD card but don't feel I want to go poking about in "the box" just yet to upgrade.
Today I tried to load up the new Walnut Drums featured on the downloads page. Grabbed the kicks and Toms and attempted to load them into the appropriate folders. Unsurprisingly I received the "insufficient space" message. To free up space I copied certain items (percussion, certain drums sounds and the songs folder) to an external back up and removed the empty folders remaining on the SD card. However after successfully loading in the kicks and some of the toms I still have the "Full" message.

As I have a MAC and I notice that the files are FAT32 I'm wondering if there is an issue in file identification. When I check the info on the SDcard there doesn't appear to have been any space freed up whatsoever on the card with the transfer and erasure of files/folder.

Would appreciate any pointers advice.
Many thanks.

Johnny

eyerichards

Hi, I came across the same thing yesterday and I found that I had to empty my macs trash can before the files on the 2box would show as being removed.  :)

fishmonkey

yep, when you move a file to the trash with Mac OS X the file is "moved" to a hidden trash folder on the same volume. you must empty the trash to actually delete the file and free up the space...

johnnycajon

Thanks very much, something I hadn't realised. Issue resolved. Great introduction to the forum, proves the value.