News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Tama iron cobra with 2box

Started by Spazo, November 19, 2011, 12:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spazo

hi guys, got my kit and I'm enjoying it lots, just need it to feel a bit closer to real drums (double ply mesh/real heads soon).

Anyway I've got an old Tama iron cobra double kick and I can't seem to get it to clamp onto the mk2 bass drum base. Has anyone else had this problem? I've just unscrewed the clamp for the meantime but thing aren't really rigid enough for my liking.

Cheers!

Baby Samus

Hi Spazo, I also have a Tama iron cobra pedal, but for some reason I don't have that problem, my pedal fixes on fine, and I think most iron cobra pedals have the same attachment method so yours should be okay.  This is the one I have in case you want to check:

http://www.rbmusic.co.uk/drums.asp?id=23&prod=249&off=150

Try twisting the disc on the footplate tighter, then fit the pedal and tighten via the tension nut.

You also need to make sure the pedal is level with the bass drum lip - I had to place a bit of carpet underneath my pedal as it was not flush with the lip. 

Spazo

The pedal was purchased back in 2000 so it's possible they changed the design slightly. I've tried what you said but because the 2box lip is quite thick the clamp sits high, making the actual footboard hit it with every stroke. I guess I could shorten the chain but I don't really want to. Not sure what you mean about the other thing but I'll try again with something to elevate the pedal a bit. Thanks for the reply!