News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Another review

Started by torbs, October 01, 2009, 10:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: AA_ on March 20, 2010, 07:17:56 PM

Hi AA

How have you found the triggering of the kick with that placement of the sensor?

Thanks
Scott

AA_

Quote from: Scottie on March 20, 2010, 08:26:27 PM
Hi AA

How have you found the triggering of the kick with that placement of the sensor?

Thanks
Scott

hi scott,

The noises coming from the front panel. It's all too "hard" (front panel, foam, mesh head).
but the main problem is the beater!
The design of the kick-pads is identical with the other pads. That was the idea for the same position of the trigger :)

trigger behavior is perfect. no double-trigger. it plays perfectly.
gain: 24!, thres: 36, curve: norm

macleod

wow, thinking out of the "2"box...  ;)
Now, for me - quite hard hitting double bass player - isn't that set up somewhat vulnerable to breaking the head without all the foam and iron plate behind it? How does it feel comparing to original state - just by the look it makes me play kick very light.... 

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: macleod on March 21, 2010, 10:42:09 AM
wow, thinking out of the "2"box...  ;)
Now, for me - quite hard hitting double bass player - isn't that set up somewhat vulnerable to breaking the head without all the foam and iron plate behind it? How does it feel comparing to original state - just by the look it makes me play kick very light.... 

yes. who wants to live forever? the feel? a little bouncy...

orly

No news from the Musikmesse ?   :-[

spoenk

Quote from: AA_ on March 20, 2010, 09:20:51 PM

The design of the kick-pads is identical with the other pads. That was the idea for the same position of the trigger :)

trigger behavior is perfect. no double-trigger. it plays perfectly.
gain: 24!, thres: 36, curve: norm

did you just kind of customize the bass pad? could you be more specific on what you did and how you did it?

thanks!

spoenk

ok i tried this too...removed the foam and placed the trigger differently...it's far less noisy...thanks for that idea...i love it!

had to set the pad to RIM though, to make it work...threshold -29, gain 4 ...