News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

showcase your kit!

Started by drummer81, December 22, 2010, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Quote from: Murgen on March 30, 2013, 01:06:55 PM
Just bought a 480 gen16 package. Pic's will follow!

wow, that was fast! Enjoy!

Murgen

Quote from: edcito on March 30, 2013, 01:59:05 PM
wow, that was fast! Enjoy!

Three honest reasons:
I noticed a price-drop and the difference between US and Europe is now ~ 225 EUR's. Transport and import taxes are killing. More important: I need to work on my hihat skills and the best way to do this is the real thing. And last but not least: I'm an IT-contractor, I work my little *** off to earn my money and decided I deserve this as a personal appreciation of my effort.   ::) ;D :rock:
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Murgen

IMG_0812 by murgenetemplar, Murgens kit

This is so cool. Just got it up and running. tomorrow tuning, tweaking and adding some heavy BFD2/SDSE kits.
--------

roel

Looks cool!!!,but wonder what you think about the sounds of the gen16? It would be awesome if we could use our own triggers with the gen16 hihat.

Haggis-man

I've made quite a few changes to my kit since I last posted pics so here's an update!

Since the last time, I have got rid of some PCY155's and added Zildjian Gen-16's. I've also modified an acoustic snare and fitted it with Wronka trigger (works great!). I'm now using the old 2box 12" pad as a 5th tom. I've also added two home made A to E splashes and I got a set of KRK Rkit 6's to use when no one else is in the house, they sound amazing!

Murgen

Quote from: Brian-D on April 05, 2013, 02:14:33 PM
I've made quite a few changes to my kit since I last posted pics so here's an update!

Since the last time, I have got rid of some PCY155's and added Zildjian Gen-16's. I've also modified an acoustic snare and fitted it with Wronka trigger (works great!). I'm now using the old 2box 12" pad as a 5th tom. I've also added two home made A to E splashes and I got a set of KRK Rkit 6's to use when no one else is in the house, they sound amazing!

Nice Brian! The 13 or 14 inch hats? And no issues with the Zildjian mic pick-ups? I had to move my speakers away from the kit because of internal feedback.
--------

puttenvr

Haggis-man

Cheers puttnvr.

Cheers murgen, its the 13 inch hats. I too was expecting feedback issues but I haven't had any!

edcito

Nice kit and boxes! I too joined the gen16 club today, will post pics soon :patbat2box:

Murgen

Quote from: edcito on April 05, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Nice kit and boxes! I too joined the gen16 club today, will post pics soon :patbat2box:

Your order arrived? Cool!
--------

Murgen

One more for the road ;)

IMG_0819 by murgenetemplar, Murgens kit

Combination of the BFD2 samples in the brain, the 'fat' settings on the Gen16 DSP and playing a genuine hihat makes the kit quite complete. 
--------

fulrmr

Quote from: Brian-D on April 05, 2013, 02:14:33 PM

Nice setup man. I'm still not convinced about the Gen16s though. They look great...but I haven't heard a single vid to convince me that they are worth the cash. I'll re think them once the new pickups come out in June...after that...if they fail the "hearing test" they'll still make nice triggers. ;)

Haggis-man

Quote from: fulrmr on April 06, 2013, 01:03:00 AM
Nice setup man. I'm still not convinced about the Gen16s though. They look great...but I haven't heard a single vid to convince me that they are worth the cash. I'll re think them once the new pickups come out in June...after that...if they fail the "hearing test" they'll still make nice triggers. ;)

Thanks Daniel, the Gen-16's are an aquired taste I suppose but I have to say I really like the sound of the hats and the ride. The crash on the other hand sounds nothing like a crash and is very thin and gongy sounding. Hopefully the new direct pickups will address this.

Cheers

roel

Quote from: fulrmr on April 06, 2013, 01:03:00 AM

Soundwise I also not convinced about the gen 16, for me a gen16 hihat with stealth-triggers would be more interesting...

edcito

Quote from: Murgen on April 05, 2013, 06:49:07 PM
Your order arrived? Cool!

Indeed! pretty fast delivery from France! Quick pics with my phone. Love the hats, crash and ride not quite there yet...