News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Zildjian releases new gen16 buffed bronze cymbals!!

Started by franz-tanz, January 27, 2014, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franz-tanz

Zildjian has made new gen 16 Cymbals mas aus buffed bronze :-)

look http://zildjian.com/

Cheers
Till

Murgen

I read about it on VDrums. Thank you for mentioning onvthis forum.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

The look very cool too...and are said to be warmer than the Nickel counterparts....but way out there expensive.  :o

digitalDrummer

Yes, Dan, warmer, more full bodied (especially the crashes) but without any significant increase in acoustic level. And yes, they are more expensive than the nickle versions now, but not so much more than the cymbals were a year ago or so.
I understand there will also be new "shapes" soon, presumably to make even more of the new pies.
And I'll be doing side-by-side comparisons of the original and new versions for the May issue of digitalDrummer.

Murgen

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 31, 2014, 06:58:32 AM
Yes, Dan, warmer, more full bodied (especially the crashes) but without any significant increase in acoustic level. And yes, they are more expensive than the nickle versions now, but not so much more than the cymbals were a year ago or so.
I understand there will also be new "shapes" soon, presumably to make even more of the new pies.
And I'll be doing side-by-side comparisons of the original and new versions for the May issue of digitalDrummer.

Nice. As quite an early adapter in Europe I'm grateful for Julia's support. It is harder to get Gen16 stuff in Europe then 2Box stuff. The Direct Sound pickups are not for sale over here, nor are new packages. It is unclear what Zildjian wants with Gen16. Maybe you can check them out on their policy towards other countries then the US? Much obliged.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 31, 2014, 06:58:32 AM

Very cool. Looking forward to hearing the results. In your testing...will you please use the Bronze presets on the Nickel for us to see if there is any improvements in the crashes to your ears? Thanks. :)