News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi-hat triggering difficulties into toontrack SD2.0

Started by ncwilliamsuk, January 24, 2010, 09:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwilliamsuk

Hello

Has anyone had any problems with triggering the hi-hat in toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0?  When i play my kit normally (i.e. from the 2box brain and not to the pc), the hi-hat triggering is fine.  The pedal and hi-hat clutch works fine.  However, when i then connect it up to SD2.0, the hi-hat pedal and clutch triggering becomes very difficult. 

All of the subtlety of the hi-hat pedal is lost and you either need your foot all the way up, or all the way down.  It makes trying to trigger an open hihat sound almost impossible when playing normally.  Has anyone had this same problem, and how did you overcome it?

As an aside: Again in toontrack SD2.0, does anyone know if you can alter the midi notes sent on any of the three triggers on the cymbals?  for example, i would like to send the bell or the bow of the ride to a different midi note. 

Many thanks
Neil

UC

Hi Neil
I don't have Ezdrummer or Superior but I found that switching my hihat over to CC4 dramatically improved things with BFD2...
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,256.0.html
Hope that helps
cheers
Tom

ncwilliamsuk

Hello

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did have a look at the bfd video, but the setup is very different unfortunately to SD2.0.  I did try your suggestion of the cc4, but unfortunately no such luck.  It still has the same response. 

Thanks very much for the suggestion though. 

Thanks
Neil

westerlu77

I tried yesterday to calibrate my hihat in Superior but it is not the same thing at all. I try to learn my hihat but there's always something that not work. Closed pedal or closed tip or closed edge. I don't know what to do..