News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi Hats dont play very well ?

Started by yzf125, October 15, 2013, 11:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzf125

Hey guys.... I cant seem to get my Hi Hats to play very well, I cant get them to have smooth tight consistent lifts... I get open sounds when the hats are quickly closed.. Is there a sensitivity adjustment for how hard or soft you can go from open to closed ?

I have celebrated them over and over with the same results and it is updated to the latest version also.

Thanks Rick

Jman

Quote from: yzf125 on October 15, 2013, 11:48:49 PM
Hey guys.... I cant seem to get my Hi Hats to play very well, I cant get them to have smooth tight consistent lifts... I get open sounds when the hats are quickly closed.. Is there a sensitivity adjustment for how hard or soft you can go from open to closed ?

I have celebrated them over and over with the same results and it is updated to the latest version also.

Thanks Rick
I'm not playing the stock 2Box HH so I can't give you specific settings, but there are other settings besides just the calibration setting. There is threshold and gain for the HH cymbal itself and there is a Pedal sensitivity setting between -6db to +6db. Also make sure you set your spring to the strongest setting on the Pearl Hi Hat stand. Burnin Ambition has recently been through this and dialed his HH response in well. He might have some specific setting recommendations for you:  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=566
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hwasser

Yes like jMan said. Below the menu with the threshhold and stuff there is a menu where you set-up the hihat, choose sensitivity from open to closed and footsplash sensitivity

normal sensitivity: open | | | | | | closed
you can change it to this: open | |  |  |  |   | closed

yzf125

Hi, Would this be on the HH calibration page ? also When doing a HH lift and going to a quick close after the lift I get the chick sound also ? and most of the time I will also get an open lingering hat clang sound with it  :-\

Very frustrating.. I will take a look at it again today.

Thanks for the help,

Rick