News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi

Started by only1dan, March 28, 2015, 12:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

only1dan

Hello 2BOX forum members, my name is Dan Humphries, I'm working with Hand In Hand for 2BOX in the UK. If any of you guys have questions or suggestions or need any help with any aspect of the kit, I'm happy to help. I've recently been taking the kit around to some new dealers and I am working on some new videos to cover some of the features in more depth. I'm also making plans to go in the studio with a pile of drums and make some new sample kits too so if there are certain sounds you guys are wanting I'd love to hear from you. My background is in both Record Production and Music Retail and I am obviously a drummer. I was a big fan of the Ddrum 2, AT, 3 & 4 kits in their day so being a part of 2BOX is an absolute honour. I'm also currently testing the triggers, any guys looking to get in to that are in for a real treat! Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking to you
:patbat2box:

Murgen

Quote from: only1dan on March 28, 2015, 12:38:01 AM
Hello 2BOX forum members, my name is Dan Humphries, I'm working with Hand In Hand for 2BOX in the UK. If any of you guys have questions or suggestions or need any help with any aspect of the kit, I'm happy to help. I've recently been taking the kit around to some new dealers and I am working on some new videos to cover some of the features in more depth. I'm also making plans to go in the studio with a pile of drums and make some new sample kits too so if there are certain sounds you guys are wanting I'd love to hear from you. My background is in both Record Production and Music Retail and I am obviously a drummer. I was a big fan of the Ddrum 2, AT, 3 & 4 kits in their day so being a part of 2BOX is an absolute honour. I'm also currently testing the triggers, any guys looking to get in to that are in for a real treat! Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking to you
:patbat2box:

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I am from the NL myself. :)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

InTheBox

Sounds great if anyone's going to make more samples for 2box. However, I think that there is already quite a good library available when it comes to drums. What I find lacking is a good selection of cymbals, especially hihats and rides. If you could do anything in that department I would be very happy.

geo

Awesome, thanks for the offer, Dan. Second InTheBox's call for more cymbals, plus anything a bit less common would be great. Things like octobans, rototoms, marching quads, gong bass, cup and bell chimes, mini chinas, trash and stack sets, etc.

wildhorse5678

Dan i think any videos on any aspect of the system would be good. The written instruction can be a devil to follow. I ended making some myself www.2boxfornewbies.weebly.com. Last week I contacted 2box ref the triggers and they told me they would get handinhand to let me know prices and availability as they said stock hsd arrived in Germany.  Not heard anything yet.

wildhorse5678

Dan, one other thing you could encourage 2box to market are spares ans accessories inc leads. I had to buy v expensive heavy duty stereo leads for extra tom and cymbal ...as the lightweight standard lesds that come with the kit were not available. Tdrum do complete set stero triggers with xlr /jack leads. If i buy 2box triggers will i be able get reasonably priced stereo leads.

Jman

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on April 07, 2015, 06:32:05 PM
Dan, one other thing you could encourage 2box to market are spares ans accessories inc leads. I had to buy v expensive heavy duty stereo leads for extra tom and cymbal ...as the lightweight standard lesds that come with the kit were not available. Tdrum do complete set stero triggers with xlr /jack leads. If i buy 2box triggers will i be able get reasonably priced stereo leads.
Hosa CSS-110R and CSS-115R .... or sometimes the no. is CSR-110 or CSR-115. Those are TRS one side L one side straight. Anyway those are the cables similar to what 2Box uses and Roland. Readily available and inexpensive in the US. Not sure about other countries though.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

only1dan

Thanks guys for all the replies and feedback and apologies for the delay in replying. Ok I hear the need for more cymbal samples and I'm currently working on that, I am also working on Octobans etc. With regards to the TrigIt triggers, they are available in the UK now, the finished versions are really nice looking with the 2BOX logos printed on the top and they work flawlessly. If anyone is looking for a dealer in the UK let me know your locality and I will point you to the nearest stockist. JMAN pointed out about the Hosa Cables, Hand In Hand also distribute Hosa in the UK so we can sort anyone out with those requirements, and if any one is needing spare parts, we have great stocks of individual parts available and can help. I have an official e-mail address now so feel free to contact me at dan@handinhand.uk.net if you need faster responses on anything.

Jman

Cool, thanks for the support Dan!  :patbat2box:
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fjrgrooves

HI Dan, 

Thanks for asking 2Box users for there input.  Great to see the interaction and interest.

A few thoughts:
- A focus on more great cymbals are would be terrific!  Especially stacked cymbals, dry crashes, Hi Hat with tambourine, and other gig useable sounds. 
- Percussion ... bongos, crushers, tympani, etc.
- Ability to re-program/assign toms to full functioning cymbals (some of us use two modules).
- Effects ... delays
- Small add on extension module, three to five channels for additional, cymbals, percussion, etc.  Great if the 2 could be linked together (via USB) for  program changes/assignments
- Memory expansion - 2Box slot for SD card.  JMan's expansion is great but the exposed ribbon cable makes me very nervous.

I am sure I'll have other thoughts ... Thanks again for your interest. Chuck