News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Bus assignments?

Started by analoguekid, November 10, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

analoguekid

I did try to search for this answer, but couldn't find any results...

I'm trying to configure UNIT settings to have individual sends for:
bus 3: kick
bus 4: Sn
bus 5: HH
bus 6: toms
bus 7: cyms
bus 8: perc sound

on INTF page, I select my bus settings, go back to top, hit save twice.  when I go back in, my bus settings aren't saved.  the manual doesn't address the key syntax to do this.  what am I missing?
I don't want to roll this out for live gigs and have to fight with the module every time. 

espen

Have you checked that you have SAVE On in UNIT-PREF page?
I know it's a stupid thing but I think it's Off as a default.

analoguekid

Save is enabled...I make changes to Kits all the time and save function works as expected...

Thanks!

Lustar

On the INTF page you need to hit a pad or press one of the pad buttons before changing the settings for that pad. If you press the fader button it changes the fader group for that pad. The upcoming version of DKit Manager can display, edit and save/print those settings by the way :)

analoguekid

Lustar, I am selecting by hard button press on the module...have I overlooked the Save function on Unit settings?  is there a separate "save" command for kits and unit settings? when I make the changes, there is a ? that I double tap through to apply the changes... I'm at work now and my module is at home, otherwise I'd check myself.

Lustar

That has to be it. It's separate but located at the same spot. After making a change in UNIT, press Up to get to the first UNIT page and press the Save button (only once for UNIT).

analoguekid

so here's what I found works: In "UNIT" mode, INTF page,
1. tap instrument key ("kick") to assign to a bus.
2. If it doesn't say "kick" on lower right, hit "fader" button at top right until it says "kick..."
3. rotate dial at bottom right to assign to desired bus...in this case, 3.
repeat for whichever instruments you want to assign to a direct out.
I laid out mine as kick-3...snare-4...HH/Cyms-5...and toms-6.
hit page up to get to top of section where it says save ?  hit that button at top left so the ? goes away...

power cycled the unit several times just to see it came back to where I set it.
checked the VU meters and verified the sound was peaking 1 and 2 and whichever bus I had assigned...

at least I really had to dig deep into the manual and found a bunch of other useful info in there.  that was easy...

fishmonkey

instead of using the page up button, you can just press the "Unit" button. then you can hit "Save".

if you want to undo the changes instead of saving, hold down the "More" button. the "Save" button then becomes "Undo" instead.

a similar process applies to changes that you make to Kits...