News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

factory reset done now missing many sounds

Started by taffy123, September 13, 2011, 07:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taffy123

Help i did a factory reset yesterday ,i simply replaced the drumid.dkit but now am missing many sounds in my kits ,anyidea how to get them back.

thanx  jae

puttenvr

That's strange
If you did NOT delete any sounds, all the sounds should be in the module
Just try to re-assign them to the kits.

scutler

iv also got this problem after updating the unit, there doesnt seem any way to reset all the data either on the brain so were left with no kit sounds except a few randoms and the first kit.

rcprod

I just updated my kit with the DrumIt126.bin and related DrumIt.dkit files.

For several of the kits there is no sound when I hit a pad.

As an example, on kit 5 (Omar_Record) there is no snare or hi-hat available. The snare file it is looking for is called "PE_OH_12_SNARE_G1". This file is not on my module. It is also looking for "AZ_12_SR_HiHat". This file is not on the module, although I do have a file called "AZ_SR_12_hihat."

What is up with this rig? Does anyone have a quick solution?

Two suggestions for the fine folks at 2Box: It would be nice if all of the possible sound files (including the original set of sounds) were available for download in one zip file. (Within that one zip file could be the individual zip files for each sound file if necessary) It is a pain to have to download one file at a time when downloading the latest sound files. Also a master list with all officially released sound files would be very useful as well.

Thanks.   

Jman

When you update the OS if you only add the Drumit126.bin file without changing .dkit file all your kits remain the same as they were previously, no missing sounds, etc. If you change the Drumit.dkit file this might happen if you do not have all files related to the new Drumit.dkit file you put on the card. You can download the missing files from 2Box and put them on the card.
http://www.2box.se/US/pages/sample-library/
Or if you kept a copy of your old Drumit.dkit file you can just change that and your previous kits will be the way they were.

I don't know if the AZ Hi hat is the same as what you have and just named dif. If you want you could just put the AZ hi hat you already have in place of the ?

Keeping a backup of your entire 2Box card on the computer is a really good idea.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

rcprod

Jman,

I do have multiple copies of my entire 2Box card so I likely will just copy the old Drumit.dkit file onto the card.

Thanks for the help.