News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Demo Kit

Started by goony, December 20, 2009, 01:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goony

I am in Sleaford Lincs, I want to see and demo the drumit, but only dealer that had one was 2 hour drive away, and when I got there, he had sold it, so wasted my time.
Anyone know near me, where I can demo this kit, as its last one on my list to try out,
so far tried the TD9, DTXtremeIII and tomorrow the alesis dm10, and would like to try the drumit, so I can make my choice asap after xmas.

wbrs

I wouldn't buy any of those until you test drive the 2box.

Scottie

Hi goony

Could you tell me what retailer you visited?

Thanks
Scott

goony

yep it was Birmingham Drum Centre. So I am still searching around me to so I can try the 2 box..

goony

Quote from: wbrs on December 20, 2009, 01:28:18 PM
I wouldn't buy any of those until you test drive the 2box.

Fortunately I am in no rush, but just want to try it out before I decide, then I know how much cash to put aside.

goony

Well to  my suprise, I found one, although I had to drive upto Doncaster to try it, quite a bit larger footprint than I thought, lovely sounding kit tho, pads a real pleasure to play on, I liked this a lot, but i did think the rack and hardware, moved and wobbled way too much for my liking, didnt give me a lot of confidence whilst playing, kept expecting something to fall off and break, also I found the module, display, not that easy to read, (ok i was comparing that to the TD9 displayed which was next to the 2 box), if I was buying today, then for me it would NOT be the 2 box, mainly because, It promises so much, yet hasnt delivered upon them yet. I do hope this software editor does see light of day soon, but until then, not for me..
If I was buying today it would be the TD9 or DTXtreme.

Scottie

Hi goony

Well at least you was able to try one out. In saying that, i haven't had anything fall off the kit when playing it, and we have had some very heavy hitters try it out. When you were playing the kit, it actually physically moved?

It's shame that the 2box kit didn't fit your needs, but at least you were able to demo one in the search for the right kit for you.

Thanks
Scott

goony

yeah especially the snare, in no way am I a heavy hitter, but was wobbling a lot, the hi hat stand also kept moving away from the rack itself. But I will have another look when the cash is in my pocket, hopefully by then, all the software etc will be up n running, that would sway it for me..

NeilC

I know a lot of people have commented on the rack, but I think if you took 10 minutes to make sure everything was tightened etc, whenever you demo anything as they're never set up right.

Watch Simpan's video of him player, it doesn't budge an inch! Neither does mine and I am a very hard hitter (no vid though :( )....

Still you choice, but don't let the rack sway you!