News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Some troubles with a cymbal, please advice

Started by pls, September 02, 2010, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pls

Hello All.
One of the cymbal of my kit becomes triggering from any touch (even very light). I didn't notice this problem initially, so everything was fine for couple of months (regardless OS version and trigger options), but now this issue bothers me as cymbal gets triggering from any vibration caused by any hits on toms, snare, etc.

The problem is that I'm too far from the distributor, so I need to deal with it by myself. Can anybody suggest something? Probably I need to disassemble the cymbal and fix the trigger somehow.

Thank you in advance!

sugiken

I have a similar situation for one of my 2 cymbals too! (in the U.S.)

The bell and choke doesn't seem to trigger consistently given I have tried all the thres, gain settings in the module. Then I was told to test the cymbal hardware by taking off the input jack. Looks like the wires of the cymbal are kind of causing the problem. I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done though...

Evy

Just wondering, have you guys updated to the new OS?

pls

Yes, but as I said there is no correlation between OS version and cymbal issues (at least in my case). I don't have problems with unstable triggering, actually I have problems with constant triggering. Furthermore everything is fine with another cymbal.

Definitely it's a hardware issue as I just need to touch cymbal to get strong hit sound.

Have no idea what to try... just unplugged it temporary to think :)

hwasser

What? Öh, and both of you having these problems are from America? Could it be maybe the different power-levels in America? But that sounds weird, cause I got a kit from the UK and I am living in Sweden and have no problem using an cheap adapter.

pls

Probably my English is so bad...  :) as I said the issue is only with one cymbal! The second one and the whole kit works fine. It's not matter of power-level and I'm from Russia :)