News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Blending snare buzz on the toms

Started by LennartB, June 15, 2016, 02:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennartB

Hi!
I'm new on the forum and in progress off buying a 2box five kit. Does any body now if one can
blend snare buzz on the toms? The sounds are great but the playability feels dead without a little snare buzz
on the toms.
Best regards
LennartB

shimy1984

If you're talking about creating your own sounds, it depends on your drum SVT.

Superior Drummer 2 has an option to include the snare buzz. I'm sure others do as well.

If you're talking the stock kits, its basically what you hear is what you get from my experience.

Coda

As stated above, if you make your own kits you can have your sounds as you want. I can speak for BFD3, there is quite complex modelling available which not only models snare buzzes on the toms and kick, but also tom resonance and/or spill over of toms into the snare and kick mics. You set up the sounds how you want and then export them (most of us use SDSE to do it easier but you can do it by hand if you are a masochist :))

shimy1984

Quote from: Coda on June 18, 2016, 06:34:06 AM
...(most of us use SDSE to do it easier but you can do it by hand if you are a masochist :))

Or a Mac user... FML..  ;D

Jman

Quote from: shimy1984 on June 18, 2016, 05:39:08 PM
Or a Mac user... FML..  ;D
Quote from: Coda on June 12, 2016, 04:30:01 PM
At the moment I'm exporting everything on my office mac using SDSE in a parallels image.
so, it is possible to use SDSE on a Mac ..... or with free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox.

This is a pretty good article comparing Parallels, VMware, VirtualBox and Boot Camp: http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/best-virtualisation-app-run-windows-on-your-mac-boot-camp-vmware-parallels-3626493/
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

I'm a mac user, my music room machine is a mac (all my machines are macs or mac clones), but it's not powerful enough to do SDSE in a VM, so unfortunately I have to do my SDSE work on my workstation mac which is quite powerful, however it's in another part of the building. I have used SDSE with VMWare and with Parallels, and they are about the same speed but Parallels seems to have the edge in my case. I use virtualbox on a linux server for another purpose, but generally virtualbox is slower than both Parallels and VMware for most things, and as such I've not tried it with SDSE work.

Darthsleader

Might be a little extreme, but here's a solution I plan to use:

I have a Yamaha DTX Multi12 pad that I will soon be setting up alongside my 2Box kit for triggering sound fx and various percussion instruments. I plan to create a simple snare buzz sample with just a few velocity layers, and have it triggered by the note numbers from the 2Box toms and bass drum. It will then be routed back into the 2Box Aux input so the sounds will be blended into the kit. I haven't tried it yet but will report...

Jer