News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Someone tried the Yamaha MS40DR or MS50DR speaker system?

Started by franz-tanz, January 25, 2014, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franz-tanz

Hello dear 2box users!

I was wondering if someone tried the Yamaha MS40DR or MS50DR Speaker System and can recommend either one or the other.

Looking for a speaker system for band and home use. And they seam reasonably priced.

Thanks

sandman

I used to own the Yamaha MS550DR Speaker System and used it to practice alone and with my band. It was barely adequate in my personal opinion. The bass drum response would cause the speakers to pop and crack so you had to back way off the volume which made the bass drum barely inaudible. I wouldn't waste the money on it again. I used my MS550DDR with my old Yamaha DTXtReme IIs and III kits and was very disappointed.

Believe it or not, the new Simmons AMPS are really great for the price. I now use a Simmons DA-200S and that sucker really pumps out the low end kick with no problem. I use it for gigs as a personal monitor and it cuts through very well.

The Rolands AMPS are not bad but again, they are terrible are terrible at handling the low impedance of the bass drum.

Go check out the new Simmons DA-200S. I love mine.

Haggis-man

I use the KRK rokit 6's for home use, they are excellent quality and handle all the bass and transients without issue, The KRK rokit 8's are even better if you have a bit extra to spend.

Well worth a look.

Cheers

teletom007

Hy,
du bist ja schon länger auf der Suche nach Speaker, daher meine Empfehlung:
Als Pa verwenden wir die wirklich gute RCF, da kann man einiges wegblasen. Die Boxen sind richtig leicht für die 700W.
http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_715_a_mkii.htm

Als Drummonitor habe ich die für den Preis wirklich sehr gute  the_box. Die kann man auch für kleinere Sachen als Pa verwenden. Ich habe beide Systeme mit meinem Presonus Mixer eingemessen und war über die The_Box echt überrascht. Muss aber schon die 15" sein, Nachteil ist das hohe Gewicht.
http://www.thomann.de/de/the_box_pa502_a_b_stock.htm

Bin mal gespannt für was du dich dann mal entscheidest.
tom

franz-tanz

Hi teletom007
ja, es gibt gute Thomann Boxen, hatte mal die 302. als PA für Band. Habs sie aber wieder verkauft.

Ich wollte für mein e-set eher was mit sateliten, wegen dem Klangbild. Deswegen hatte ich an die Yamaha Systeme gedacht. Ausserdem sind die leicht. Und vom Preis ist das ja auch ganz ok.

Du sagst die The-Box 502 sind ganz gut? Kommt man mit der 302 schnell an die grenze bezüglich Bass, oder was ist das Problem. Fängt die Box dann an zu knacken?
Mehr als 350 wollt ich auf keinen Fall ausgeben. :-)

THanks all for the ideas

teletom007

Hallo Franz,
ich habe 502 A wegen der Basdrum genommen. Hier ist der 15" Speaker einfach besser als Drum-Monitor. Um eine Klangregelung kommt man aber eh nicht herum da die Basdrum ansonsten auch bei einer hochwertigen, teuren Box anfängt zu zerren.
Für 269 â,¬ finde ich die 502A schon sehr gut.
Mit nur einer Box und ohne Sateliten, sollte man die Box dann schon sehr nah, am besten direkt vorne positionieren. Da ist das Spielgefühl dan ganz ok.
Bei uns in der Probe nehme ich die Drums ja auch noch etwas auf die PA, für die Kollegen.