News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help with built-in playalong songs please

Started by Lisa, October 18, 2010, 11:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

Hey there, I'm new to the forum.
Just had a question about the built-in songs. Have had my 2box for a few months now, I think it's os version 0.36. How do I get the playalong songs to work? Do I actually have to download something? I haven't as yet updated the OS, I find the user manual to be too technical for me to understand lol. I only found out yesterday it had playalong songs, and I found where they were, but when I press start, the timer starts going, but there is no sound coming out. Could someone kindly explain in basic non-technical terms how I get them to work? Thanks!

nonoduweb

I don't remember the OS 0.36, I think you must go in the unit menu (UNIT button), and then in the mix menu; you have to raise the volume of the song channel.

I think you should update to the OS 1.10, it's far better than the old 0.36. It's easy to do that and all the people here can help you if you have any problems. :)

Lisa

:D Thanks so much for that, it worked! I haven't worried about updating the OS as yet, but I will once I get the correct cables (according to what I've read, I need to update the Boot too). I only really use my kit for practice, so as to not annoy hubby and the kids all the time lol. So haven't really had the need for all the cool new things.
Thanks again

Evy

For me the main thing about updating the OS is to get rid of most of the cross talk.  I haven't updated the boot and it doesn't seem to matter(for me at least).  Anyone throw in a reason to update the boot?  I never even considered until now..

nonoduweb

If I remember, the old boot 1.10 had a bug with data transfer (usb).