News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Translated rewiev from a french owner

Started by patbat, September 24, 2009, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patbat

For those who are interested by a new rewiev, I picked this up
in a french forum.
Here is the link : http://fr.audiofanzine.com/batterie-electronique/2box/DrumIt-Five/forums/t.281573,p.62,2box-drumit-five.html
I tried to do my best for the translation -> sorry for you, guys.... I speak english like a spanish cow.

Hello,
I bought the drumit five 2 weeks ago and I'm fully satisfied, I had a Roland TD9 : it has been a total change. As soon as I tried it, I was smitten by the sounds quality and velocity, and moreover the size of the pads makes one feel like if behind an acoustic drum, which is not the case with a TD9 or a TD12.
The thing that makes really the difference is the open system which will allow in the future to share presets with other drummers and to load your own sounds with a software : THE revolution !
The default kits (100 kits) sounds quality is incredible, there are all styles (jazz, loud rock, metal, 50's and 70's rock, latin percs, tablas.....), and then you can do your own cooking, but there is much to do with the preloaded kits, I don't have tested each one yet because each kit is a real pleasure that gets you hooked on. Not many cheap electro gadget sounds like Roland drums have, here we are in a real musical universe, not by Benny B.
Of course there are some "youth shortcomings" but in one word I would say the drumit five is simply a killer.

The pros :

- I felt in love with it's 70's / futurist look (it's my cup of tea)
  - SOUNDS ! the most impressive are the snare and toms sounds, simply powerful.
  - pads size.
  - The module's upgrade possibility.
  - The feeling to have bought a product created by passionate people

The cons :

- making the hihat sound in half open mode is pretty difficult, but this should be sorted out with the      upgrade planed in september.
  -  the user manual is a real calvary (it took me 5 hours to understand it and to build the kit)
  - many vibrations in the bass drum pad : it is difficult to play flas or to play fast (I will try to find a solution to secure the pad.
  - software for loading sounds not avalaible yet ; it should be for september.

I' d like to speak about the drumit five with other owners, and to finish : YES it is finally available !!

Well, I'm going to take an aspirin.

patbat

Travis182

haha thats a great review patbat, thanks a lot for translating it for us all to read. Looks like yet another happy owner  :rock:

UC

Good work patbat :)

Nice smiley - I've added it to the set, hope that's okay!

:patbat2box:

The Spanish Cow remark made me laugh out loud, and the Benny B reference reminded me of my trip to France about 15 or 16 years ago....mais vous êtes fous?

Ah oui!

edit: oh God, just looked it up... it was 19 years ago. That makes me feel OLD :D

Scottie

Hey patbat

Thanks for taking the time to do that. Good to read another end user's review.
Apart from the bass drum vibrations, everything else can be sorted out with updates, which is great  ;D

Thanks again
Scott

patbat

Thanks a lot, Travis182, UC and Scottie for your support !

To UC :
No problem for the smiley ; it can be used by everyone.
Yes, "Vous êtes fous" was a great hit in France in 1990
(and in Belgium too, I suppose, because Benny B is Belgian),
and this doesn't make me feel younger either....   :-\     

Dr.Wu

i solved the bassdrum problem for me by simply buying back the bassdrumtrigger i had before the 2box-the KD-8 from Roland.
Its deadcheap, does the job and makes almost no sound by itself.
:rock:

UC

Hey Dr Wu,

A lot of people will be interested about how Roland hardware fares with the drumit brain...

does the kd 8 give you good sensitivity? how about aftertouch?

Dr.Wu

sofar i connected a kickdrum pad , a Roland snarepad and a roland Cymbalpad. They all work great.
Dont know about aftertouch though-i wasnt aware that pads transmit this let alone any drummodules respond to it.
The cymbal pad triggers 2 zones but i actually would prefer one because i am using it as a second crash and there is always a more ridelike sound towards the middle of the pad. The snare triggers fine including the rimshot.
The kickpad triggers fine and is a LOT less noisy compared to the original 2 box. Another benefit is that because the Roland kickpad is disconnected from the rack i dont push the whole kit off the carpet during a longer session.

PYC

Hello Everybody,

This is really funny guys !

I'm actually the guy who wrote this review in french in august !

I bought the drumkit at the "baguetterie" in Paris.

Bravo patbat pour ta trad ! , j'aime bcp cette drums, mais franchement le kick bouge trop pour moi, ça fait des doubles trig à chaque fois, sinon c'est cool

bye bye,

PYC

puttenvr

Quote from: PYC on October 02, 2009, 02:44:38 PM
mais franchement le kick bouge trop pour moi, ça fait des doubles trig à chaque fois,

Perhaps changing the treshold settings will help

(this is gonna be a funny forum where I talk dutch, translate German reviews into English and respond to French complaints  ;D)

patbat

Salut PYC,

J'ai trouvé ton test intéressant, c'est pour ça que je me suis permis d'essayer de le traduire.
Content que ça t'aie plu.

Pour le kick, quelqu'un a trouvé la soluce : le remplacer par le kd-8 ou le kd-85 de chez Roland, il parait que ça marche impec' (de plus, c'est beaucoup moins bruyant)..... mais bon, ça occasionne des frais supplémentaires....
en tout cas , j'en peux plus d'attendre la mienne pour la fin octobre.....(si tout va bien)

à + , et éclate-toi bien sur la drumit 5 ....